I'M SHARING A DEAL I FOUND ON PARASOUND-HALO AMPS

mmiles

My bad, let's try this again.

I was doing some research on the web for this product and it's resellers. During this process I discovered a HT custom installer that has recently "dealerized" in an attempt to expand his retail business as well as grow his custom install base. That effort resulted into becoming a full line PARASOUND - HALO dealer. For the next 60 days or so (due to high investment in product inventory) he is willing to issue some great pricing and is authorized so not to compromise the 10 year parts and 5 year labor warranty these amps carry. If anyone is interested you can email me at mam165@comcast.net for contact information.

Klipschmaniac, I think you're right that HALO is shipping now, but I think they were debuted this year at CES 2003. They certainly have been talked about for quite some time.

I'm interested in a HALO deal, but would need to know more about the dealer, of course.

I emailed this guy and he sent me back his price list, which looked very good. Too good, in fact. So I called up Parasound to get the skinny. They indicated that he is NOT authorized to retail Halo equipment, and that only dealers listed on the Parasound Halo web site are. This guy's distributor is also not authorized to sell Halo gear. In fact, Parasound indicated that the Halo line will only be sold factory direct to a select group of retailers - those listed on the Halo website.

As for matching up Parasound gear with Klipsch, it's a great combinbation. I currently run the Parasound P/SP-1500 controller and P/DD-1500 digital decoder. This combo makes for a great home theater experience, but distinguishes itself by offering outstanding 2 channel performace as well. Given my experience with Parasound, I'm seriously contemplating upgrading to the new C2 controller. I'll keep you posted.

C

The individual is preparing a response to your findings this evening. Once I receive it everyone interested will get to view it. I just spoke to comopany's representative for about 25 minutes or more and I am quite satisified with the results of the conversation. B U T, like yourself, I too am waiting an "offical" reply.

Again please note that I have no affiliation at all with this business nor do I share in anyway it's profits. That I sincerely hope everyone beleives. It is my intention soley to bring everyone some good news and an opportunity that might not be available to the average consumer.

Regards,

Mike

Great... I look forward to hearing more. I talked to the guy on E-mail, and he gave me some info about himself, but doesn't have anything to show me to show me in person since I'll be in his area this weekend--no store/showroom, no HALO products in stock, etc. Seems nice, though. I'm willing to learn more.

As promised here is the reply...

I am new to Halo and will not be a permanent dealer for likely another 60-90 days. To bolster initial sales and to ensure my permanent place in the market I have offered a one time sale of the gear at intro prices. These prices are at or very near dealer cost. I will not continue to offer the prices long term because they are specifically intended to generate some volume in the first month and nothing else. Mike has been very helpful in forwarding my information to would be buyers and I appreciate that. Please understand that Parasound wont be happy to find out that their product is being sold at or near cost, but this is a one time offer and I would hope that the people of this forum respect the sensitivity of the aggressive pricing. Also understand that Parasound employs outside/local product reps that are independent of Parasound and that is why my dealer status was unverifiable. I totally understand any concerns anyone might have, but feel free to forward your request to Mike and Ill be happy to follow up either by email or by phone. -thanks

Please keep in mind (even though this thread is borderline) that no names or direct contact information has been given on the forum so not to jeopardize the forum's or mine for that matter credability and expose future spamming contest to its members.

Again if you wish additional contact information just send me an email at: mam165@comcast.net. Thanks to all for their understanding and your ongoing patience regarding this particular thread. I just hope that it proves to be a benifit to Klipsch forum members.

Regards and good night,

Mike

Thanks for the update Mike. He seems like a very straightforward fellow, at least based on my email exchanges with him.

Just to clarify my original post, I generally make it a practice of doublechecking a manufacturer's website whenever I'm contemplating a piece of gear, just to make sure I'm working with an authorized dealer. Sooo, when I didn't see his name on the Parasound Halo website, I rang them up and asked them whether anyone not listed on the site could be an authorized Halo dealer. They replied no. I then asked whether there will be any authorized Halo distributors, to which they responded that all Halo gear will only be sold factory direct. I presume this means factory direct to authorized retailers. At that point, I thanked them and hung up the phone. I probably should have been more descriptive in my original posting, but I was rushing my post as I was at work (a big no-no).

Net-net, you were wise to have a phone conversation with him to double-check. He seems like a reasonable fellow, and his pricing is excellent. Let us know how you make out...that would make me feel a whole lot better if/when I decide to pull the trigger as well.

C