So, 2.1 or 4.1?

Now i've heard everything. The 2.1s are louder than the 4.1s? I'm not really down with "louder is better," so what the heck. I'm very satisfied with my 2.1s, but i only have the one year warranty, and i was thinking that buying the 4.1s with a 4 year warranty (and selling the 2.1s) would be a good deal. Also, i'm thinking of ditching my desktop for a laptop, so there goes my santa cruz. Any thoughts? This is a big decision for me. 10.gif

dude, go for it!

I have the 4.1s and I am way more than satisifed! It is indeed a great system, the sub is more powerful and the individual satellites are rated higher (watts) than the 2.1 satellites.

I have seen atleast one poster here who insists that the 2.1s are better than the 4.1s, but I dont see how it could be. As I see it, the 4.1s are basically 2.1s on steroids.

Go for it.2.gif

There may be some give or takes, but if you are into DVD movies or games, there is NO WAY the 2.1s can keep up with the immersing capabilities of the 4.1s.... you cant F*** with a surround system (5.1s may be better, but reliability is a greater issue which swayed my decision towards the 4.1s).

Anyway, you have to look at it this way also... we are lucky to be owners of klipsch speakers - that we have the funds to actually afford speakers of this quality and caliber. Sometimes, I sit back and realize how fortunate I am to be in the position I am today... I mean, I worry about speaker quality when a billion other people worry about what to eat tommorow.

Sorry, I got off to a tangent... either way you go, 2.1 or 4.1, I'm sure you will be happy. Of course the grass is always greener on the other side, but atleast you have grass growing on your side, right?

Its really late, I'm beginning to preach... must stop...

hot damn, three fast replies, at 4am EST? cripes. anyway, i really dig my friend's 4.1s. surround sound rocks, but i don't think i'd listen to cds with four sats playing. i'd only like 2 channels going for music. ARG what to do??? i figured out that it will only cost me about $70 for new 4.1s with a 4 year warranty on them, after the difference on the 2.1s (which are only 6 weeks old and working like new) which i would sell on ebay. then there are those $90 stands from klipsch... crap.8.gif

well it really is your own personaly choice. no one can tell you what you like we can only tell you if we think its a good choice or not. just go out and listen to them for youself then make the decision. your going to be forking up the cash not us. 9.gif

I love my 4.1s, even in music. When I first heard music through the 4.1s I was amazed. It was like I was completely surrounded by the music. It wasn't like the music was coming out of any individual speaker, it was like the music was right there in my head. And for games and DVDs you must have the 4.1s.