Sub Placement (PIC INCLUDED)?

Where is the best place to put the subwoofer in my room in my case. I have it with the port facing the corner of the wall. The room is approximately 12ft * 15ft. I have 7 foot tall shelves on the side which probably impede some of the bass but I can't do anything about that. The red circle is where the bass is the loudest.

Is this the best place for my subwoofer? Is there any other place that can give me more bass or is it time to get another woofer? LOL!

Thanks.

post-11361-13819246642294_thumb.gif

The sub is in the top right hand corner...

The red dot is where the bass is the loudest.

I'm think of getting another sub. But the SWS don't come to my dealer until May (they have to get the CSA electrical certification).

I'm thinking of maybe adding another hard hitting sub (the SWS or maybe something from the Paradigm PS series). For future thought, where would I put it though to prevent wave cancelling?

move ur desk to a corner and the sub to the crossing corner. u will most likely have to buy new cables or possibly just use the stock rear cables for the front and stock front cables for the rear.

EDIT: looks like u'll do some serious furniture rearrangement if the picture is anything to the true scale... personally, I like to move the funitures around a little once a year or so... odd, but I find that refreshing.

I would personally move it to that other corner, unless you move some stuff in the other area. See Klipsch's are built for two things. A focused soundstage, and bigger surface area. What I mean buy that, is the the speakers would sound better and more natural in a bigger room. Side Firing subwoofers are not made to blow up rooms, (like Front Firing or downfiring do) They instead are made to give a wider area of bass while providing a few more hertz in the lower region. (Due to their design in combinding drivers) Give the 4.1/5.1's some room to breath, and I guarentee you will be quite surprised at the results. Most of what call "harshness" from the tweeters disappears, you can turn it up louder, the sub sounds tighter and more punchy, less boomy. Midrange can cover more ground without reflections. Just try somethings, and let us know.

Hope this helped, later!