Scott 299a for sale

edster00

I have decided to sell my (NOSValves rebuilt) Scott 299a. It is in excellent working condition. This amp has all Telefunken or Amperex tubes except for a Sovtek rectifier. If anyone is interested please shoot an email to edster00@mindspring.com or PM me here on the BB. It will go on ebay soon if I can't find it a home here.

I decided to sell this bad boy because I have been using it in a 3rd system that gets very little use. I can't use it in my HT and I have Moondogs in my 2 channel system. I am trying to raise funds to purchase a new Jeff Lessard built "45" 1.5 wpc tube amp for my K-horns.

The 299a is a wonderful amp but I just have more ressing "wants" right now.

Craig, I am sending you a PM also, I lost your email address.

Craig's standards are pretty high, and he's gives them a good going over. Anything even remotely suspect gets yanked and replaced. Resistors showing some drift get replaced, and he changes out all of the coupling capacitors. His favorite caps are some Russian film and oils he keeps getting his hands on. An excellent sounding cap -- they just take a long time to break in (I've had my 299b back from him about a month now -- and things are just now starting to really jel). I believe he also yanks and replaces the selenium rectifier in the bias supply. All tubes are tested and replaced as needed. He also mods them with this really cool biasing scheme -- so even a moron like me can do it without electrocuting himself to death.

Well, I'm going to begin living my audio hobby life in a vacuum. I purchased the Scott from edster00. I'm leaving on a trip this weekend and when I get back in 10 days I should have a Telefunken good listening experience.

Should be interesting!

Mace

Edster's amp was done with a basic rebuild and I did do the bias mod but no test points I believe so the bias has to be done under chassis. At the time I did it I hadn't found the test points you guys are raving about !! They sure are cool though !! If mace wants he could send it here for a update I'll do it pro bono as long as he cover shipping both ways. Plus I can give the amp a check up Edster has had it for near a year now I believe.

Craig

Wow Craig. You are too kind. I may take you up on that offer. I've sure got a learning to do in the meantime. I'll certainly listen to the amp for a few weeks before I consider mods and such.

thanks!

I can't wait to get back and finally hear tubes.

Mace