Audio Tweaking

jaguil

Will I've come to the conclusion that it will probably be sometime before I'll be able to move up the audio ladder with high end separate components, etc; So I thought I would invest in some audio tweaking to see if I could get better sound with what I have now. I just recently added (1) AudioPrizm Wave-Guide (both Receiver and CD player power cord running through it), a set of Vibrapods under my CD player & a set of Bright Star Isonodes under my DVD player. I was feeling kind of skeptical when I placed the order of weather I was spending wisely. I'm glad I went ahead and did it. The biggest improvements I noticed was in soundstaging. I use to have to focus on hearing soundstaging, Now it's just there, another improvement I noticed was dvd concerts use to sound kind of harsh, and now they sound smooth. I introduced these items all at once so I'm not sure which item made the biggest improvement. It's got me wanting to investigate other options. Has any one used a Blue Circle BC86 MKII noise hound, or PS Audio Power Port and Ultimate Outlet. Your input would be greatly appreciated.

Denon Avr2801

Denon Dcm370

Klipsch Rf-3

Klipsch Rc-3

Klipsch Sb-1

Sony DVD Player

Klipsch Ksw-12

Hi:

I own a Custom Power Cord Super Power Block. $450 retail.

It absolutely crushed the PS Audio Power Plant 300 I was using before. 4 outlets and no current limitation. I plug all gear into it. Tremndous improvement in lowering noise floor, spaciousness, timbre, etc.

Oh yes. The CPCC products received numerous TAS Golden Ear Awards for those needing the "Reviewer's Imprimatur".

I sold a bunch of them when I had my audio shop. I never had one returned.

Regards,

Mike

Never make multiple changes all at once. You'll never learn anything from it & you won't know what's causing/influencing what.

Thanks for the replies

I think the biggest improvement was the addition of the AudioPrism Wave Guide. I read this article from Soundstage (back issue article) Called "Hot Rod Receivers" It talked about how to get the most out of your reciver, they recommended the wave guide and everything they claimed it would help. It Did.