It's killing me, I want some belles but....

m00n

You could always use a La Scala as the center, in fact I know where there is a single right now. Or you can split a pair as previously mentioned. I use a La Scala center with my Belle's and find that it blends seamlessly. Good luck in your quest.

dndphishin

You mentioned that I really owe it to myself to hear a set of belles or rather heritage... I agree, but, there is nobody close by. Well Triceratops has a pair of cornwalls for sell. Maye he will get them sold so he can setup his belles soon.

I dunno... If I get some belles, perhaps I should just use them in our 2 channel and NOT in my theater. That is a lot of time, money and energy to sell off all my reference. Replacing my existing theater speakers would be more stress than I need right now. But again, for two channel with the goal of slowly building up a heritage system over time.

Damn Fini, that's only a days drive. When I was a child we moved around a lot. I used to live in Marysville, Vacavile, Fairfield, and Orville. Actually my folks owned a bar on the feather river in Marysville. It was called "The Oaks", good times, good times.

----------------

On 3/5/2003 11:15:42 AM m00n wrote:

The RF7 to me is a good sounding speaker, BUT. I would never be happy with just a pair of RF7s by themselves. In my opinion or shall I say my taste, I need a sub with them to be happy. They have again in my opinion no substance in the low range, perhaps this is by design. I really don't know.

I have always listened to speakers that have had a tweater, mid and a big 12 or 15" woofer. That is the sound I am used to. My Sanyos in the house have a nice full sound from top to bottom. Are they as clean and crisp as the RF7? No not by a long shot. But they have a nice full bodied sound to them.

----------------

It sounds like you really want Klipschorns, but I assume you don't have the corners/space for them.

I think your comments would support the Cornwalls as a preference over the LaScala/Belle but if you add a Sub then that might change.

----------------

On 3/5/2003 7:54:09 PM kjohnsonhp wrote:

It sounds like you really want Klipschorns, but I assume you don't have the corners/space for them.

I think your comments would support the Cornwalls as a preference over the LaScala/Belle but if you add a Sub then that might change.

----------------

Your correct, I don't have the corners. Really bums me out because I hear they are just incredible speakers.

Cornwalls eh. I wish there was someone here in the portland area that had some heritage. Triceritop (spelling?) has some cornwalls or did have but he lives a few hours away. I could do it but my wife would be less than enthoused about me taking off for a day to go hear some speakers.

I'd consider buying the RF-7's (would use as surrounds) and the RC-7 heck maybe even the whole family (speakers that is) IF the price is right. How old are your Ref's moon and what finish?

The pricing delta is going to be hard to deal with I understand. Please remember I do feel your pain because I just sold a 15 month old Synergy system for about 45 cents on the "retail" dollar. You do the math.

You may want to sit on them until after May once Tweeter is done cleaning their warehouse. I'd bet, if they (Tweeter) still have any items left by this time, by the end of May you will able to buy Klipsch at 50% off MSRP at this particular retailer.

Just my .02 BTW if you are in California I have a good friend in Ventura that could pick them up and make shipping arrangements, if interested of course.

Regards,

Mike

mmiles....

I am not sure about what to do yet. I am growing more convienced everyday that I will be buying some belles, but, I am not sure if I will be sticking them into my theater yet. But if I do, it's good to know I have someone that is interested...

I have all the boxes for every Klipsch speaker I have purchased, still have all the manuals. Every speaker is still in mint condition and have had very little play on them. My theater didn't get too much play time before I had to rip everything out and do some serious sound proofing to the place.

mOOn, your two channel idea might well be the best "bridge" to going Heritage in the HT. You can enjoy them in 2 channel for a while, then when Tweeter is done blowing out the RF's, you can sell them and complete the change.

I have also discovered that setting up a 2 channel system may well satisfy you on it's own. Getting the Belles in a 2 channel environment may well make you happy just owning the Belle pair, and use the RF's in the theater. The 2 channel arena allows you to focus on the MUSICAL aspects of your system, where the HT system will excel at the high impact desired for movies. It's very difficult, if not impossible, to do both well in one system.

It's kinda like Mini-Wheats:

2 channel system - "sweet side"

Home Theater - "wheat side"

9.gif

----------------

On 3/6/2003 6:56:51 AM dndphishin wrote:

I have also discovered that setting up a 2 channel system may well satisfy you on it's own. Getting the Belles in a 2 channel environment may well make you happy just owning the Belle pair, and use the RF's in the theater. The 2 channel arena allows you to focus on the MUSICAL aspects of your system, where the HT system will excel at the high impact desired for movies. It's very difficult, if not impossible, to do both well in one system.

----------------

This is exactly what I want to do myself. I am keeping an eye out for a pair of LaScalas or even Cornwalls. I know Mike (mmiles) had that pair for $500. I would have grabbed them but I just did not have a spare $500 at the time (having just come back from British Columbia and such).

I have no desire to give up my beloved RF-7s. I love the sound of those things - agressive, yet refined. Very detailed and dynamic. But like m00n, I cannot help to think just how those Heritage gots to sound. I mean, look at how people on here talk them up so much. At the very least, I, myself, would like to hear a pair of Heritage (Khorn/Belle/LaScala), at the very least something from the "extended" heritage (Cornwalls, Chorus, Fortes, etc).