My JBL center speaker came with a blown tweeter:

kenratboy

I am ******* pissed. I have contacted PayPal, the seller, and JBL for a replacement quote. If he doesn't pay, you, and every HT forum on the web will know his name, location, e-mail, etc. He said everything worked on it.

I know the tweeter is blown because I have checked it on two receivers, redid the wiring, and checked for continuity on the tweeter - there was none.

I got to go to work, I am SO pissed I could punch through a brick wall.

I will post more when I get home.

Be glad I am not going to work with small children tonight, or their would be tears 11.gif

He is willing to refund all my money if I ship it back. I will see if he will just buy me a replacement driver.

I think I will buy my next speakers from a authorized retailler next time. I can't take this $hit, I have enough stress in my life, then add in e-mail debates, geez...

I'm sorry for ya, man. Hope he'll replace your tweeter, or your money.

That's the only thing that worries me about using eBay, AudiogoN, AudioWeb, and others...you take on good faith the seller's word that the product he/she sells is what they describe, and hope to God that nothing goes wrong!

I've been lucky so far...

He sweares the speaker worked perfectly before shipping and that it must have broken in transit. He has offered to pay for a new tweeter, so he will redeem himself by doing so.

All I can say is it seems very unlikely the tweeter broke in trasit 2.gif

----------------

On 3/7/2003 5:44:45 PM BBB wrote:

Of course it broke in transit. Yeah right. While attached to a 1000 watt amp in the trunk of his car. It may be a JBL but are you sure it isnt a Jensen Blown Leftover?
7.gif
----------------

Yeah, I know...

But, HE SENT ME MONEY TO BUY A NEW ONE!!! So props to him for being a man and resolving the problem like he should have. I certainly thanked him for being upfront and not giving me any BS about replacing the tweeter.

Bad news: I will get the new tweeter in early-mid April, so that is kinda annoying, it is backordered right now.

Oh well, a peaceful, happy ending to a horror story 9.gif

----------------

On 3/7/2003 7:19:26 PM mike stehr wrote:

Hey at least the dude worked it out with you.

It couldn't got ugly.
----------------

I think if I complained to PayPal, they would have refunded my money. Yes, it could have been much worse.

Ken,

Your very lucky the seller agreed to replace the part for you. If you read the fine print you would have only received a part of the price you paid, their insurance is,(something like 10%)! So you really lucked out..............

Here is what you get from purchasing used goods from pizza faced teenagers who use Mackie PA amps to drive their "JBL" speakers.

Yeah the tweetah was damaged in transit by the shipping guys(well they had a hoe's night out party and played some funky music!).

This is why I NEVER...EEEEEEEVER buy online or from Mr Personal Sale and NEEEEEEVER WILL.

As BuggsBunny said check the drivers inside this "JBL" cabinet they may be Cambridge Dumpworks

LOL

----------------

On 3/9/2003 12:40:42 PM TheEAR wrote:

Here is what you get from purchasing used goods from pizza faced teenagers who use Mackie PA amps to drive their "JBL" speakers.

Yeah the tweetah was damaged in transit by the shipping guys(well they had a hoe's night out party and played some funky music!).

This is why I NEVER...EEEEEEEVER buy online or from Mr Personal Sale and NEEEEEEVER WILL.

As BuggsBunny said check the drivers inside this "JBL" cabinet they may be Cambridge Dumpworks

LOL
----------------

Yeah yeah. I know Quebec has lots of wild money trees, so spare me the drama 9.gif

When I buy my Reference speakers, I will probably do that at Good Guys unless there is a good retailer here in town.