Cornwalls, stop here, or get Khorns?

Jim Cornell

Hey, you guys wanna hear something NUTS!!

My wife made me stack my cornwalls, i have 6 feet of speaker per side!!

I have to keep an eye on the floor, as long as they stay at 6 feet!!

Im in a modular home LOL!!

As you can see, my wife likes big speakers!!

What does SUCK, is i pulled some of the plywood birch apart and had to glue it back on!!

Oh well, doesnt effect the sound!!

Well, ill someday prabably have to move, these are worth it!!

Hey Klipschguy, find a second set and stack them, talk about sound!!

My cornwalls are very well taken care of, but i do need to stop moving them so much!!

Hey, what company does make the K33E woofer?

I have a spare, Klipschguy, if you still need a woofer, how far off is the K33E and the K33B?

Well better go, Jim

Hello Jim,

When my brother bought his 1976 Cornwalls, one of the woofers had been replaced with the K33-E instead of the proper K33-B. I don't think it's a huge deal, he just wants the original type woofer. Thanks - I really do appreciate you asking.

...K33-E, K33-B

Qts - .633, .39

Fs - 27.99, 34.46

Vas - 12.11, 10.64

SPL - 92.30, 96.6

Klipschguy

Glad to see all the replies here on these issues!

Looks like Klipsch went through 3 different woofers, on the cornwalls!

What id like to really know is if the K33E is made by Emenence, thats a pretty high end speaker manufactuer!!

Wonder if they could make up for the tweeters, and Squawkers for the heritage line!!

Ever heard of them?

Im more than likely, as a fact stay with my cornwalls, kinda getting tired of buying speakers!!

We outgrew the house anyway, id like to find a double wide for the family, then ill have more room for the 4 cornwalls, as well as us!!

Ill keep them stacked, wife likes it!

She wants 2 more pair, now im wondering what a system is to her??

Regards Jim

• 3 weeks later...

Was that you? I thought I was hearing the airport, because it was coming from that direction. ;)

I've kept my Cornwall almost 30 years. I've never been tempted to sell it. Nor my Lacalas. 1/4 volume can be heard clearly a block away in the opposite direction of the LOUDspeakers (with the windows open, of course.)

I listened to both Cornwalls and Klipshorns back in the late 70s and chose the Cornwalls because they sounded more natural to me for rock and roll...more what I was used to. The Klipshorns sounded a bit better on classical and jazz. I'd chose between the two based on the type of music I listened to more.

I bought mine for rock, too, and still use them for that, though rock is getting a little lean thanks to the record industry. The new Depeche Mode album Exciter sounds nice and clean. It's been almost two years since the last new Nine Inch Nails album The Fragile, except for a remix to "keep us happy."

The only way I can tell Klipsch LOUDspeakers can reproduce instruments is to play acoustics, classical or horn-jazz. Electronic instruments can sound like anything depending on instrument manufacturer and amplifying device. Of course, that can be true of the other styles of music based on microphones, microphone placement and amplification. Cornwalls sound great with almost anything.

• 2 weeks later...