Input about a good, small portable radio/cd player

cleandan

Hello all, I am searching for a good sounding portable radio for my wife. What I want is something small and very easy to carry around. I want it to play cd's. I want it to be able to run on batteries as well as AC. AM/FM stereo and maybe even a cassette. No personal players (walkmans, discmans), just a small stereo that she can set somewhere and listen. What I am asking from you good souls is your input about which unit might be a good buy. I figure I can't go too far wrong getting a name brand (sony, aiwa and so on) but what you are using and why you like/dislike it is much better than store testing...and being bothered every five seconds by the countless salesmen. Thanks for the help.

Dan,

I have a aj3925 Panasonic cd radio-I use it in the Bathroom,it produces good sound and I got it at Sam's Club for only 35.00 ! As opposed to the 75.00+ they want for the other products.

It is a simple to use no nonsense unit with big buttons/and a easy to set clock........... good luck.

My favorite are the iRiver Slim series cd players as far as portable ones go. The do CD's, CD-R's and MP3 burned CD's as well as a built in radio. Don't forget the great remote control!

SlimX400_2.jpgSlimX400_1.jpgSlimX400_3.jpg

Ranging in price from $99 to 199, they have a CD player for just about anyone!