Connecting a VCR to a PC

Jeremy2

There was an article in the November 2000 issue of Maximum PC on that. It showed you exactly how to do that (2 ways). If you can't find it on their site (www.maximumpc.com) email me at sam_dalton@Hotmail.com and I'll scan it in and send it to you or upload it and post it here.

Hope this helps,

Sam

I have a Hauppauge TV card. It's real easy to hook it up. Stick it in a PCI slot and hook up the audio wire to your soundcard in. Plug the cable into the coax plug. Oh, and make sure the driver is installed on the hard drive before you put the card in.

------------------

Too much is never enough.

• Like 1

WinTV (I believe Hauppauge makes them) has a USB version of their card to, so instead of a card, its outside the case... Obviously they do less than some of the internal ones, but its an option...

Also, the Office Max I worked at in Carmel, IN has their WinTV cards on clearance for the time being (I dont think it is permanent, just some sort of sale) so I would check your local OfficeMax (if you have them around there) to see if there has been any significant price drop

Some people live at their computer and would like to have everything right there. Others live at college and if they have a large Monitor, don't have a need for a TV or could watch 2 thing at once (one on TV and one on computer.) Yet others just want to do it to say they have a VCR hooked up to their Computer. mostly depends on personal needs

I would only go so far to hook up the audio to my computer speakers (esp when I get a set of Pros) cause I have a TV in my dorm and I don't want to bother with buying another piece of hardware that I don't really need cause I will be spending enough on building a new system.

I don't know for sure if the picture would be clearer on a computer monitor vs. a TV

I'm using a "Dazzle" (www.dazzle.com of course~!) It's USB and I can hook up a camcorder or VCR for inputs to the PC, and output to TV or my monitor. It captures the video, I edit using Ulead Media Studio Pro

(an excellent product) and it's a breeze.

Spendy though. I paid $250 for the Dazzle.

My new GeForce card has video in, but I haven't tried to use it yet. Might be sellin the Dazzle....! J smile.gif