Are these really Forte II's?

chuckears

From the parts description they are Forte II's.

But at a closer look at the pictures, it looks like the passive is the same size as the woofer, when comparing the area between the sides of the cabinet

The Forte II used a 15" passive compared to a 12" in the Forte

The mid horn in the Forte II is a K-61-K tractix (which that is not)vs a K-53-K in the Forte

I hate to go against someone from Klipsch, but I beg to differ those are the original Forte'. That is only a 12" Passive Radiator, the one on the Forte' II runs right up to the edge of the cabinet on the back and has a different type of surround. In addition that is NOT a tractix horn lens that is the standard Forte' horn lens. Sorry guys, those are certainly a pair of original Forte's. Better let the seller know.

• 2 weeks later...

It looks like he re-listed with the correct info, and pulled in $730.00.

Not a bad take, but I don't think I would let go of mine for that low a figure, since I could not find anything close to their quality in that price range (except maybe a pair of very-used Cornwalls...).

I noticed a SURGE of Web Page Counter numbers right after or about the time the auction ended. Apparently, a lot of people were curious at what price it would go for methinks.

It was a slightly higher price than usual, but it was advertised as "rarely used", even though the serial tags appeared to be slightly rolled up, but it looked new from what I could gather on the pictures, especially in the cone areas. That's the 1st place you can tell.