Best subwoofer for around $1,400?

Kain

----------------

oh yeah by the way nice system Frank is that your daughters?

----------------

No I don't have a daughter, but thanks for the compliment on the system.

----------------

btw I dont know if you know this or not but stuped is someone that would could call someone else stuped.

----------------

I didn't call you stupid, I said the thread was going to turn stupid. Sorry you took it that way.

----------------

when you switch over to something at least decent start calling me stuped.

my 11 year old daughter's system would put yours to shame.

sorry...
9.gif

----------------

Why does what I have in my system have to do with me calling you anything?

I could care less how your system, your daughter's system, or anybody else's system compares to mine.

Like I said earlier, this thread was about to cross the verge of stupidity...well with your last post, you crossed it.

Kain I'm sorry your post is ending up this way, since it looks like it will no longer be productive, I'm not going to respond anymore.

thanks for not responding anymore you are getting boring....

6.gif

I thought my bathroom was small for my home theatre,,, but i guess I can put a pair of lascalas in the bathroom and see how they sound I bet far better than the SVS Farts.....

just kidding man..... getting the conversation .... going

sorry if I caused any problems

still sticking to the story

LOADED HORNS RULE the rest is crap.... way too slowwwww

The SVS B4-Plus will almost match that volume wise, and will extend FAR further then that Cerwin Vega. Besides I have yet to hear quality bass from any Cerwin Vega, be it home theater or car Audio. All Cerwin Vega is known for is it's loud thundering bass under Car Competitions, but that doesn't nec. make it good bass.

Besides You don't listen to 130db "Bass Bins" or Bass anything in a typical Home Theater room or hell bigger room...it's pointless, and you'll be deaf by the time the day ends.

But you all fight over this, i'm happy enough with my little 13" tall SunFire Signature which will embaress many bigger subs, 119db at 30hz is no damn game...that is itself is FAR more then enough for me. LoL this is my fav. quote that I read on a review about the SunFire.

~~~~~~~

"Mucho mass + small size = what the hell is going on here? The innards of this neutron star of subwoofers tell the tale. The driver's magnet measures 7.5 inches in diameter, and weighs over 14 pounds. That's about an order of magnitude heavier than magnets used in a three hundred pound Godzilla speaker system. The voice coil itself measures a whopping three and one-quarter inches in diameter. And get this: it has a maximum excursion of two and one third inches! If subs live in a secret world of size does count then most of them are in deep therapy over the True Subwoofer. Their comparison anxiety will only get worse when they find out the Sunfire Signature comes equipped with a Mama Mia! 2,700 watt amplifier. Anything less powerful would just go limp at the sight of such a massive driver assemblage.

But hey, the thermonuclear back-kick produced by this huge driver and its magnet would dim even ConEd's power grid. At full output, about 85 pounds of force (That my friends is a lot of kick your *** power) are trying to claw their way of out of this sub's restrictively small enclosure. Of course, because the Sunfire True Subwoofer is built like the proverbial brick outhouse, escape is not an option. However, when they are pounding away in a full shake-the-foundation tantrum, these enormous forces can get the True Subwoofer's half a hundred pounds doing a mad tarantella across your floor. This thing is the Arnold Schwarzanegger of subs.

...And when the Sunfire True Subwoofer was supposed to be dead silent, it was as quiet as a silk nylon dropping on the floor. But Yikes! When Paul Reido pulled out all the stops of the fifty foot high Lay Family Concert Organ in the stupendous CD "Pomp and Pipes" , our apartment walls nearly did a Jericho, come blow your horn, tumbling down act. Meanwhile, the neighbors' pets plotzed, and our guts rumbled in deep organ syncopation. This was deep bass with a vendetta vengeance. The Sunfire True Subwoofer will gleefully wreak havoc on anything that isn't safely stowed."

Yes the Sunfire Signature packs more deep bass prowess per cubic inch then ANY subwoofer made.Bring on any design,the Sunfire Signature pounds out some serious bass when you cosider its minute net internal volume(woofer and passive radiator take most of the space inside).

Who needs giant bass bins?The deaf maybe

Next up my must have list is the SVS B4-Plus and SS.Who needs a bass bin when you can get the

B4-Plus? Ha and I will power them with Bryston's new 14ST powerhouse.Yes sir

Who needs bass bins? Not me 9.gif

LS, well thank you, I like my gear to, took me a couple of years to build, butttt...10.gif

Your right, I actually have space on my provider, just haven't had the time to set up. I would like to post some pics I took for Insurance purposes, except still 35mm shots, and haven't scanned them.