Klipschorns in Fort Worth only $750!!

jp ward

Yep, I already bought them.

I called the number and she said that she still had them but her husband would not be home for another 45 minutes and that another guy had called and would be ther in about 1 hour. Well being the owner of my own company I can just leave when I want to. I was at her house in less than 10 minutes. After I got there and saw them, I told her that I wanted them even without hearing them. I kind of feel bad about beating the other guy over, but I got over it after about two minutes. Wrote a check and took cash back over that night with a truck.

I did not tell my wife, because she would just have a fit (or something simular). We have this thing... as long as I don't take any money out of the family budget then I can wheel and deal as much as I want too. I sold my Cornwalls for 600, to a local guy that had some Khorns and is going to use one as a center and give the other to his son for his center. My wife said that the Khorns sound pretty good for only an outlay of 150 bucks.

This evening I was ably to really listen to them as loud as I wanted. Not too loud only about 90 decibles, but louder that she will allow, (she was out). Nice imaging, sound stage, bass ect. As of right now, I think that the Cornwalls had better imaging, probaly because that the where closer together. I have the tops loose so that I could "untoe" them from the fixed 45 degrees. That helped alot.

At my office I have of pair of Heresy's powered by some Antique Sound Labs Wave-8 tubes. I'm bringing them home soon to give them a try.

Every friday morning I scour the classifides and this one of the best deals that I've ran accross. Next to my Cornwalls for $2006.gif

Gotta get back to work now.

JP

post-11922-13819246913444_thumb.jpg

Thanks for all of the kind words.

Here is a picture of the Heresy center along with the Cornwalls before I sold them.

Before I got them home my wife asked how much larger than the Cornies they are. I just smiled and said a little larger. I also told here that they are much smaller than the old Carver Amazing Speakers that I had a few years ago3.gif and that they did not have to sit 3 feet into the room. They would just sit in the corners. It took only five minutes for her to put stuff on them.

Lynn,

I've always been a sucker. Bullseye on back and evrything.

Jim Cornell,

If you've every seen me you would agree that looks dont matter much2.gif Yes I do have them pointing at the sweet spot. I dont care much about appearence, SOUND first.

jp

post-11922-13819246915444_thumb.jpg