Anyone with a YAMAHA Reciever

Iceman

I am looking to buy a Yamaha reciever to run a pair of RF3 II's and an SVS sub. I heard the crossover frequency setting of the reciever I have in mind is set at 80 or 90 hz and is unadjustable. The reciever is going to be either a RX-V2300 or RX-V1300. Does anyone out there use this reciever? Should I consider a different reciever perhaps?

I have Yamaha's, but neither of those models. Neither my RX-V1 or RX590 have adjustable LFE crossovers. I believe it is 90Hz. Of course, at the moment I have no subwoofer, so it doesn't matter, hopefully that will change soon.

Other than that I love both units. The 590 is in the bedroom driving a pair of SF-1's and the V1 is driving all Heritage speakers for HT.

----------------

On 4/10/2003 11:33:52 AM Iceman wrote:

I am looking to buy a Yamaha reciever to run a pair of RF3 II's and an SVS sub. I heard the crossover frequency setting of the reciever I have in mind is set at 80 or 90 hz and is unadjustable. The reciever is going to be either a RX-V2300 or RX-V1300. Does anyone out there use this reciever? Should I consider a different reciever perhaps?

----------------

I use the RX-V1300 to power two KLF 10s, KLF C7, and two RS3IIs. The crossover is set at 90 Hz. I had a Velodyne VLF 1012 at one time, and I did not have any problems with it. (I had to return the Velodyne because it was not sufficient for my room.) I have been very satisfied with it - it has enough power so that I do not have to turn the it more than a 35-40% up (it has the negative decibel volume i.e. 0 is reference maximum, and goes down from there ). Maybe it has something to do with high efficiencies (98dB, 99dB, and 95dB respectively ) of the speakers 9.gif

It supports all the latest formats including Dolby Digital EX, Dolby Pro Logic II, DTS-ES Discrete 6.1, and DTS Neo:6. There are enough inputs and outputs so that I would never run out in the future. It also has 6 channel inputs and 6 channel pre-outs and a learning remote. There are lots of DSPs however, I just fell in love with a few. I love the whole setup !

Let me know if it helps...