DTS ES on the Onkyo SR 700

mohanksdk

I have an Onkyo SR700 with the Klipsch RF3 II series surround setup and a SC1 rear center. I was trying to play Blade 2 yesterday in the DTS ES mode of the DVD and for some reason there was no output. It worked fine when it was on the Dolby Digital mode but not on DTS ES. Then I tried Gladiator on the DTS ES mode it did not work either. I am not sure if I am missing some step in the setup process or what I am doing wrong. The system sounds great with Dolby Digital EX, but I would like to experience it in DTS as it was meant to be. As you can guess I just acquired this setup. 1.gif

Your DVD player is probably not set up to pass through DTS. Go into the set-up menu on the DVD player (usually you have to take out the disc.) and enable dts. Either that or you're trying to select dts on the receiver rather than the disc. Leave the receiver on auto, and select the dts track from the DVD disc's menu.

Todd, you are absolutely right. I went into the menu of my DVD player and changed the setting to DTS it was set on Dolby Digital. But now it plays both Dolby Digital and DTS modes. And the SC 1 I have sitting behind my couch makes such a hell of a difference.

Thank you for your input.10.gif