sub reflecting board

drdave

NO

Its a base also used by Polk Audio,Monitor Audio and many other brands.Nothing new,nothing incredible.Used by downfiring subs(be it port or woofer or both).

Klipsch RSW and the upcoming subs dont have ports or drivers mounted down.

Could help the KSW,I am sure you would not even notice much,if anything at all.

With sufficient distance between the driver and base plate, it will have no effect on the sub's sound. However, as you get the plate closer to the driver, there isn't enough space for the air to flow freely and you end up doing something called loading the driver (the air can't escape fast enough and causes some back pressure on the driver; at least I think this is what loading is). The SVSubs may do this, I'm not sure if the little over 2" of clearance is enough to not have any loading effects. But if there are loading effects you can be sure TomV designed for them.

Unless you have good measurement equipment and know the drivers parameters I wouldn't attempt to load a commercial subs driver.

Some people seem to think that carpet will absorb bass energy. Yes it could, if the underlay was 3 feet thick. Typical carpet and underlay is transparent to bass frequencies.

I don't think it has any real effect on the sound. It has more of an effect on the amount of power it takes ot get a driver to a certain excursion level and therefore also the spl level. Admittedly, this and horns are the the bass topics I understand the least and I'm partly talking out of my *** here.