OK bass-hounds, eat yer hearts out!

jdm56

-Cause ol' JD's just come home with the "Mother Of All Subwoofers"! Yeah, yeah, y'all can blow about yer SVS Ultras, yer big Klipsch RSW-15's, and yer Velodynes, but just try these specs on for size: EIGHT INCH (yes, that's eight as in "8-ball") driver, and 60Watts of pulsating power into not one, not two, but SIX ohms, with only 10% distortion. This bad boy is kind of big (almost a cubic foot!), and heavy, too - I could barely carry it out of the mall under one arm while carrying my four-year-old in the other. But if you're gonna play with the big boys, ya gotta have the big toys - that's what I always say! Of course, it was kind of pricey. I don't mean to brag, but I shelled out over $80 for this beauty. On sale!

It's rocking away in my bedroom right now. In fact, I better go back the volume off a bit before my wife wakes up and slaps a hair-lip on me.

I'll be glad to answer any of y'alls questions about this monster, or provide pictures, as soon as I get my head out of my ***. 6.gif

I really get tired of you guys with the endless money supplies always buying the newest and most expensive toys out there. Then you can't wait to come home, get online and rub the rest of our noses in it.

Wait a minute....those specs are uncomfortably close to my Yamaha sub's specs.

Now I'm really pissed!2.gif

YEEHAW The WM20 another smash hit on AudioReview,joins the superb WM40.The WM40 is a top value and competes with the HGS,RSW series.YEEHAW

Can you feel the BOOMBASTIC BOOM? Can you HEAR the %200 distortion at 50Hz? Tap on the "sub" side panels made of %100 recycled newspapers and 5mm thick. Can you see the awesome woofers with its 0.05lb magnetic structure and HUGE 10mm voice coil? Can you lift the beast,wait attach a Goofy baloon and it flies away!

3.gif

Still beats Ray C. bass bin in finesse!

Feast your eyes (if you dare!) on this, THE MOTHER OF ALL SUBWOOFERS! And then, if you haven't fainted dead away from the shear "shock & awe" of it's visage, chew on these specs for awhile:

Amplifier Output-----60W RMS (4ohms @ 10% THD)

50W RMS (4ohms @ 1% THD)

Crossover------------50hz-200hz Adjustable

Frequency Response---50-200hz

Dimensions-----------10.75 x 10.5 x 12 inches

Weight---------------17.4 pounds

...Truly impressive beyond words, eh?

And from the owners manual:

"Your RCA PRO-SW60P 60-Watt Powered Subwoofer is designed to give you the best possible low frequency sound quality for the ultimate home theater experience.

The subwoofer combines the power of a built-in 60-watt RMS amplifier with a responsive, 8-inch paper cone woofer - all housed in a tuned-port bass reflex enclosure to produce tight, floor-rumbling, powerful bass (down to 50hz) that you can feel as well as hear! The POWER indicator lets you see at a glance when the subwoofer is operating."

...LET THE DROOLING BEGIN!

post-3900-13819247014272_thumb.jpg

crap, I guess this means my RSW-15 is already garbage, and has been outdone at such a lower price. where can Iget one of these beasts of bass? lol.

and by the way, why the hell do you have that thing when you have the Khorns and lascalas? comp sub maybe?

LOL

I almost spit the cofee on my keyboard

The MOAS is really an SOB of a sub,my subs have NOTHING and I MEAN NOTHING compared to this thing.

The woofer is "responsive" my user manuals did not say the 15" Revel woofer was "responsive"! 7.gif

17.4 pounds,why are my subs up to 140lbs then,and a 9" cube weighs double of the MOAS? 7.gif Damn me,breaking my back moving these.

10% THD at 60W,why is the THD on my subs so low? I did not pay for low numbers DAMN

And to add insult to injury you just purchased the ULTIMATE HT EXPERIENCE,I paid so much and still dont have the ULTIMATE. 7.gif

Dude I am getting on these too 9.gif

I thought I'd try to post a somewhat smaller version of the original pic of the M.O.A.S. You know, bring it down to less biblical proportions, so mere mortals may look upon it without terror striking deep in their hearts.

pw..pwwwwuu...pwwwwwuuuuuuu...pwwwwwuuuuuuu-op!

Wow, that feels better; I finally got my head out my ***! Oh yes, my new little sub, I got it on sale at RatShack for my two channel bedroom rig. $80 for a powered sub - any powered sub - I just had to check that out. Hey, it WORKS! What more can I say. It does extend the system response (Realistic Minimus 77's, hung on the wall)from about 120 hz, on down to the 50 hz range. Subjectively, a huge improvement. For 80 danged dollars, I can't know how you'd beat it!

post-3900-13819247017392_thumb.jpg

I really wish Logitech would sell their Z-680 sub by itself. The thing is freaking amazing.

--188 watts RMS (yes, RMS, not peak)

--I think it's 10 or 12"

--I forget the impedence and other important stuff. Stupid Logitech doesn't give out detailed specs!

I've heard it in CompUSA and it blows the Klipsch PM5.1 sub to heck. I don't get it. What's so bad about this sub? I don't get why other subs with specs that aren't as good as considered better than this one. I need a quick physics lesson people. And why don't subwoofer producing companies make subs that are as powerful as this one?

The Z-560/Z-680 sub have nothing on the PM 5.1 subwoofer except loudness. The PM 5.1 plays lower, has more control and clarity/tightness, its more accurate, and while not as loud can get quite loud. The Z560/Z680 is an 8" inch driver by the way.

I'm not saying it's a bad sub, at least for multimedia anyhow...but in terms of finesse(sp?) its got nothing really...at least thats my opinion.

LOL

Lets look at the Logitech Z680 "sub" in detail

First it uses an 8" woofer,the woofer is capable of quite a long linear(for a multimedia bass module).The sub is crossed over quite high and its port is tuned for MAXIMUM OUTPUT and BOOM FACTOR.The Z680 bass module is IRRITATING and VERY BOOMY.

Definition is not one of its traits

A serious subwoofer should have its output measured across the band it covers and at 31.5Hz and 20Hz.The Z680 is weak at 31.5Hz and of NO USE at 20Hz.

To me this says NOT A REAL SUBWOOFER,just another ME TOO bass module.And an irritating one

Take an SVS,HSU,Aerial,Sunfire,Revel and compare LOL A total MASSCARE of sub human proportion

1.gif