RF-7's as Surrounds?

Mike Frankel

Hello All;

I can get a very good deal on a pair of RF-7's and RS-7's and wonder how they would match up to my Forte II's using the RF-7's as back surrounds with RS-7's as side surrounds? I will be using the setup more for multi channel sound than movies.

I already have a KLF-C-7 for my center channel, but I just received it and have not hooked it up yet. Am I totally off the wall here, thinking that this setup is in any way complimentary and matched?

Thanks for any advice taht is given.

Regards,

Mike Frankel

----------------

On 4/20/2003 3:42:22 AM marksdad wrote:

you would be wasting the rf's talents as rear's, a better idea would be to use the forte's as side sats the rf's as fronts, and the ughhhh, rs's as rears
12.gif

----------------

I agree with Mark. The KLF-C7 is not the best match for RF-7's or Forte II mains.

You would fair better to get the RF-7's and a matching RC-7 Center. You would then have a tone and timbre matched setup with the RS-7 as rears. You could try the Forte II's as rear sides. If you're not pleased, the Forte II's would be ideal for a seperate 2 channel system, providing you have the room and are will to make a small expediture for the necessary 2 channel components. I recommend using a Reference 7 setup for HT and free those Forte II's for wonderful 2 channel duties.

Thanks for all the advice guys, but I wonder since I just bought the KLF C-7, can I use that with the RF-7's and have a decent match. Then I would use the RS-7's for side surround and the the RB-5II for the back surrounds, with the RSW 115 Sub. Does that sound like a plan?!?

If that sounds fesible, I would then use the Forte's for a two channel system.

I use RF7's in front and back,but all the speakers are from the Klipsch R series.You are mixing speakers here,so I would not be so sure about using RF7's as sourrounds,or R series speakers to match with your Forte.

No need to say the impact is gigantic,dynamics are larger then life.

Mike. I have an RC-7 center channel that is fairly new. I'm thinking that I would do better with your center channel and you would do better with mine. I have KLF-30 Legends for my fronts and 'Shapeshifter' was telling me that the KLF C-7 may be a better center channel for my setup. Wanna swap? I'm located in Utah too by the way. My name is Ben.