a pair of speaker wires for $100.00 anywhere?

roysch

I was going to recommend the cables I use, the Orbeck Stratti. I've got a 10' pair for under $69 (see www.audiogon.com under speaker cable auctions). The only drawback (which I also experienced) is that it's big 11 AWG cable, and you may have problems connecting them (even with bare wire) to your 1/4" spade connectors on your tube amp. It was double-trouble for me with my vintage McIntosh MC250 barrier terminals and the terminal strips on the backs of my Cornwalls...the tiny screws barely hold the thick bare wire in place, but they sound excellent once they're broken in, and I don't regret owning them one bit!

Did you guy know about these they are Banana adaptors for Macs and work with all vintage amps. They can be ordered from http://www.jaytronics.com/connectors.htm part number 45-282G for 5.89 a set and work great. I like the expandable Gold Bananas from Radio shack for the speaker wire. As far as wire goes I use Radio Shack Mega Cable 12 AWG .

Banana%20Terminals.jpg