Finally!! I got my RF35!!

epower

I've got the full 35 series system from front to back ,and I won't make you wait. I've had them for a lil while too! All I can say is that they ROCK!! If anyone is holding out on buying either the 3 II's or the 35's...I can say from experience that the 35's are a sure step up! The midrange is the best benifit in this new super star...IMO...much better than the previous version, and the bass has added a db or two a well! Not to mention the new look...very refreshing! A fine enhancement to the Reference series!

----------------

On 5/7/2003 8:46:10 PM Muzak + Klipsch wrote:

I've got the full 35 series system from front to back ,and I won't make you wait. I've had them for a lil while too! All I can say is that they ROCK!! If anyone is holding out on buying either the 3 II's or the 35's...I can say from experience that the 35's are a sure step up! The midrange is the best benifit in this new super star...IMO...much better than the previous version, and the bass has added a db or two a well! Not to mention the new look...very refreshing! A fine enhancement to the Reference series!

----------------

Oh you must give us more more more!!!

----------------

On 5/7/2003 8:46:10 PM Muzak + Klipsch wrote:

----------------

Great!

Did you have the RF-3 II before?

We need some pictures! 9.gif

Hi Guys FINALLY A Report!!!!!!

Well Just to give you a little background.

I got my stuff last week however I had to go to UF

for my brothers graduation (Elec.Eng. with honors) Congrats. I finally got back on Monday and was able to connect it but I still did not have my DVD player. I got that taken care of on Tuesday. Then my internet went down. I didn't care too much since I got to play with my new toys. I hope to have pictures soon!

I have the RF-35 hooked up to an Integra receiver 5.3 with a sony dvd (forgot the model#, Im writing from work). Well I assembled the speakers, the feet needed to be added. There was a small complaint. I was trying to screw in the foot and was having some resistance. On of the holes still was full of wood that I had to take out with a pick after I realized it was in there. The new grill with the magnet post is awesome. It snaps on very nicely!!! I connected the 14 awg speaker wire from the receiver with monster quick locks flex pins and used banana plugs on the receiver. I turned on the receiver and turned off all the speakers except the L/R and of course had it in stereo mode. I used the following for my initial listening of the speakers. I used the THX remastered version of Highlander for my DVD. For music I listened to Stings Brand New Day, Ja Rules Lets Ride, some songs from Celia Cruz, and finally Tony Rich Projects album Words.

Through out all these discs the stage presence from the RF-35 is amazing. Listening to Celia Cruzs track projects her voice amazingly every little change is noted. The separation of tones and sounds is absolutely amazing. ( I feel all the Klipsch RF line does this, including the RF3IIs) The guiro in Celias songs was crystal clear and the placement of the background chorus was just as impressive. If anyone is familiar with Cuban music you would defiantly know what Im talking about. The RF-35s never sounded too bright. I could go on and on over the different music I heard and the differences but I will keep that limited. Ja Rules song Lets Ride has a deep boomy bass that hits the 35s strong bass range. The bass was tight with just the right boom and to top it off the speakers never fluttered even at the lower bass range with the Integra almost maxed out. This hard hitting track was played back perfectly.

I would say in comparison between the RF3II and the RF35 the RF35 is indeed an improvement. What brought me to the RF3IIs in the first place was the great efficiency and separation of sound. Compared to the RF5s, the 3II had me convinced hands down for bang for your buck. The RF35 is the perfect blend between both of the old models. As I suspected the RF35 with the larger cabinet and higher crossover point has a deeper sound mellowing out what a lot of people considered an over powering brightness of the RF3IIs. The RF35 remains bright but has picked up a little boom when it comes down to the lower end without compromising a tight bass sound. I would say Klipsch has Kicked-A.. with these new speakers.

I hope I have Pictures soon.

Emilio