Just got RF3II

I think either your room is terrible, you have your equilization settings wacked out, your amp isn't very good or you just don't like the horn sound much. in a very reflective room, speakers sound much more harse because the mids get smeared and hit you from all angles. is your room made of cement or dry wall with no dampening material? what type of speakers are you coming from? dome tweeters or horns? if your cerwin vega's were domes you would be more used to a smoother sound, and less "in your face". is your amplifier typically described as adding color to the music? if it is, it could also be the source of this harsh sound you describe. the last, and most obvious thing I can think of is that you may have your treble settings all wacked out. this could cause a very harsh and ear peircing sound from the speakers. set all settings to neutral. I use my RF-5's in a music only system and they have never caused ear fatigue. I have them hooked up to a mcintosh amplifier with some mild acoustic dampening stuff, and all equalization set to neutral. hope this helps.

Fouldshouldcostya,

Listen when I first purchased Klipsch speakers my ears started to BLEED likle a goat with a slit throat.Then I started to like the sound,maybe I am a upper freq. sado or someting.

Then I discovered Klipsch was reproducing sound like the deaf sound engineers meant.Silicone Spears and all the talentless boyz bands were reproduced for their worth.

Then I tried some music with more class like Public Enemy...damn I tell ya,the projects almost shook from the Klipsch sound.And after a dozen subs NOBODY DARES challenge my challenged hearing again.

Know if you return you RF's you will be remembered as a softie with elephant ears.

1.gif

On a better note if you do find the "Klipsch" sound to true for you,listen to Dynaudio and Spendor.

I have a few Dynaudio Contour speakers and they dont favor any music,its Authentic Fidelity.

Just know,Dyanudio Contour series cost more,a good deal more.

Also Mirage and Energy have smooth sounding speakers in the same price range as Klipsch.

With API's speakers your fave boys band will sound like the producer just boosted the talent by 24dB!

----------------

On 5/5/2003 7:47:40 PM TheEAR wrote:

Fouldshouldcostya,

Listen when I first purchased Klipsch speakers my ears started to BLEED likle a goat with a slit throat.Then I started to like the sound,maybe I am a upper freq. sado or someting.

Then I discovered Klipsch was reproducing sound like the deaf sound engineers meant.Silicone Spears and all the talentless boyz bands were reproduced for their worth.

Then I tried some music with more class like Public Enemy...damn I tell ya,the projects almost shook from the Klipsch sound.And after a dozen subs NOBODY DARES challenge my challenged hearing again.

Know if you return you RF's you will be remembered as a softie with elephant ears.

1.gif

On a better note if you do find the "Klipsch" sound to true for you,listen to Dynaudio and Spendor.

I have a few Dynaudio Contour speakers and they dont favor any music,its Authentic Fidelity.

Just know,Dyanudio Contour series cost more,a good deal more.

Also Mirage and Energy have smooth sounding speakers in the same price range as Klipsch.

With API's speakers your fave boys band will sound like the producer just boosted the talent by 24dB!

----------------

Hi the(reallyfunny)EAR, (im just mocking you)

Since last time i posted i think my RF's are actually worn in now...

I still have an iffy feeling about them though. They sound good and everything thats for sure...but they seem bright and as if they really olor the music. I like more so a neutral sound...

I will decide Thursday evening if i want to return them.... - is there any suggestions as to what other speakers i could look into for about $350-$430 American?

Thanks,

FSBF

"- is there any suggestions as to what other speakers i could look into for about $350-$430 American?"

What $350-$430...THAT IS IT!

14.gif

All I can say you will find only mid-fi bookshelf speakers at that price unless you can have killer deals.

Check out Polk Audio lineup,I think they fit the budget and they should please your softie ears. 1.gif

I hoped to hear

"TheEAR I have the income of Bill "The Man" Gaits and live uphill in a $500000000 mansion,so please help me decide on these 100K speakers for my 30*40 dorm."

Then I would have said

Oh ho! Go listen to the Dynaudio Evidence Master/Krell MRS and compare them to Avalon Sentinel/dual SVS B4-Plus

LOL