La Scala Prices.

----------------

On 5/8/2003 8:45:04 AM garymd wrote:

Mike - Are you still with us? Change your mind? Deciding on a price? Someone secretly email you behind my back? Eagerly waiting for a response.

----------------

Greetings:

From experience:

2 pair mid 70s LaScalas:

Both excellent shape:

1 pair usual grilles - went for $675.00

2nd pair grille cloth top to bottom (on Klipsch letterhead 1 of about 13 - 20 pair made like that)

Both raw birch - 1st pair fronts flat black - was going to put cloth/molding to match 1st Both have stickers w/PWK sig

1st pair went $675 (offers 475, 575)

2nd pair going $875 next week Both one owner.

NO damage, 1st pair had oil filled caps, lacquered

2nd pair raw birch. 1 owner sound engineer, no clippng or distortion.

Run by Mac tube. Have receipts. Getting RF7s, still have Cornwall IIs, Heresys, Chorus IIs. Not trying to sell, just surprised at lack of interest over "Heritage"

Still here. I've been digging through ebay and audiogon trying to figure out a reasonable price. Plus, I don't really look at the forum except maybe once every day or two.

I originally posted these things in hopes of getting help on the price. If you are interested in them, email me and we can work something out. If you wanted to come by to examine and take a listen, that would be fine too. I think that would be better than trying to ship them.

There's a pair on ebay now at $1000 and I think they look pretty crappy compared to mine. Other recent ebay prices include: 1336, 1125, 1275, 820, 1075, 1175.

I think I'll ask $1200 or put them on ebay.

Mike

More than I'm willing to spend right now. See how ebay goes if nobody else here is interested. I wish you the best of luck but I hope someone from this forum takes them. Too bad. They'd be a great match for my '80 corns.