Attention Forte Owners--Check This Review Out

MBM135

RE: "I will fully agree that most horn design sound horrible in any case, including many from Klipsch." from the article.

I'd like to know which speakers from Klipsch he thinks sound horrible.

And I'd add to that, Greg Smit obviously doesn't know his *** from a hole in the ground.

I agree with Mace. This guy, in a round about way, said that he actually liked Forte II speakers. He mentioned that these are amoung the best sounding speakers in the $1000 price range. The midrange was great, and even hinted how to make the speaker sound better. Don't toe it inward. At present I'm using Lascalas for rear speakers. Now I might bring my Fortes out of the moth ball closet and try them again as rear speakers instead of the Lascalas. Rear speakers don't require the dB range as front speakers so the Fortes will perform well there, and the walnut Fortes look a lot better than black Lascalas.

After doing the A/B test with the La Scalas vs the Fortes as rear speakers, I have come to the conclusion that the La Scalas beat the Fortes by a mile or so. While the Fortes sound great (for a thousand dollars), they are not even close to the clarity of the La Scalas. I guess I'll keep those ugly speakers after all.