Add me to the list...

OF PEOPLE GETTING A NEW SET OF KLIPSCH SPEAKERS!!9.gif9.gif Yup, that's right. I called Logitech today and as soon as I send them my master speaker, they'll send me a new set back for free! If I sell that on e-bay, I'll have even more money than if I had gotten a refund! I'm planning on getting a set of PM4.1's from Tweeter.com once I have the sufficient funds. Praise the lord...I'm finally getting a Klipsch set!!

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WTF?? THEY'RE NOT MAKING ANY MORE??? AND THEY'RE REPLACING THEM WITH THE 5.1'S WHICH BREAK ALL THE TIME???? ALL MEN ON DECK--THIS IS AN EMERGENCY SITUATION!!!! Maybe I can bribe my parents to buy them for me NOW!

Yup, the system that started the PC speaker revolution has been out of production for months now...soon it will be a mere collectors item. I have some scratches on the subwoofer from stuff, but one day I may redo the vinyl on the subwoofer, give it a fresh new finish. I may keep or sell them, don't know...but I do love the system..given me fond memories.

whats the difference?????

ahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahaha!!!! oh... let me stop laughing....

here's the deal, let me lay it on you real thick...

5.1 costs 400, 4.1 costs 169.

5.1 breaks a lot more than the 4.1s.

5.1 gets u the extra center speaker - but who cares, u cant really use it with games - and with dvds, u can always have a phantom center.

5.1 may get u extra bass but i doubt it gives you more bass than a 4.1 system and an sws sub (for 169+149 = 318).

5.1 DOES NOT GET AS LOUD AS THE 4.1s - they have a some sort of a limiter - i forget what.

ok im gonna have to go a little on the edge here.

Yes, PM 5.1's are $350, while PM 4.1's are like $180.

PM5.1's subwoofer is much better then 4.1's, not only does it go deeper and louder, but its more controled, and doesn't hit it's limit as quick as the 4.1 sub does. By the way, the 4.1 has a limiter too, and kicks in faster then either the 5.1 or 2.1 system.

In a smaller room, yes the phantom center is fine, but anything remotely bigger a center is most needed, the PM 4.1's center is pretty good, but it's not a real center, nor will it give you the perfect dolby digital imaging cap. of a 5.1 system.

Yes 5.1 does break a lot...more then any system I know of, only rivaled by Z-560 in its break days. It's gotten a tad better, but still needs a lot of work.

5.1 acualy gets a good 3-5db louder in bigger, netural area's then PM 4.1's, in smaller rooms..theres really not much of a difference...course smaller rooms is what causes the horns to be so bright.

The 5.1's also don't have nearly as much of a limit in it's upper bass frequencies like 4.1 has, the 5.1 seems to filter from the sats and sub a little better then the 4.1's.

There is nothing wrong with adding an SWS, however the chances of overpowering the midrange are greatly enhanced. The Promedia line has nice midrange, but needs cable upgrade and a good sound card to really bring out the midrange presence and clarity detail.

Actually, I would never consider the 5.1. My room is about 10 x 15 ft, so I don't need much power. Music really sounds nice in my room because I can close the door so I have reflective walls and absorbant carpet, giving me an extra power boost. I want info now on the situation of SUPPLY. I might need another 2 weeks before I can order them (I can always order them now in an emergency situation, but I don't want to have to). If the supply at either CC or tweeter is running low, PM me or e-mail me or just reply.

OK, I've made up my mind. Now I need to break the truth to my parents. The thing is, I've not really told them the whole story. As soon as the 540's broke, I knew I was never going to listen to a 540 set again. They think I'm going to use the set Logitech send me back, but I'm really going to sell it on e-bay for CASH. Fortunately, my plan is actually very cost-efficient, so they probably will give it the go-ahead. I'll probably be ordering them tomorrow one way or another.

• 2 weeks later...

I think you can still get the b-stock ones that come with the DD processor direct from Klipsch for $199. That's a steal. Anyway, good luck with the whole ebay thing, remember that when sellling on ebay you have to pay listing fees as well as a fee when you sell it. Take that into account as well. The last thing I sold on ebay cost me $20 in fees.