ebay

ssh

I would start by going to ebay's fraud protection page and fill out the form to get the seller's contact information. You will be sent the address and phone number the seller used when he registered the ebay id he used on the auction. Give the guy a call and ask him if he received your payment and if he has shipped your item.

If you can't get ahold of the seller by phone, follow the steps on the fruad protection page to the letter.

I agree with edster, the fraud protection route will give you contact info. Then you can give him a call and see what's up. I've had a fairly good expirience with ebay, done a couple dozen purchases and only been burned once.

Wait a little longer. I recently bought some tubes fron FERG'S AMP SHOP in NASHVILLE, TENNESSEE and it was 17 days after close when I received the tubes. I paid immediately after close of auction. He did not answer my e-mails either. I left appropiate feedback for 'ole FERG.

Keith

I got an email today.He says he sent them USPS on the 6th.They are slow enough to think he did.I hope to be listening to Telefunken 12AX7 smooth plates tonight.With no tweeter in one Khorn,it'll be the LaS.

SSH

17 days and you're slamming the guy with negative feedback? That seems really, really severe! Are the tubes what he said they were? Are you happy with them? I have bought and sold a couple of THOUSAND items on ebay--mostly tubes and LPs--and I have a 100% positive feedback. I know I've been a little bit tardy in sending out items from time to time and I've gotten stuff in a couple of weeks late as well -- 17 days doesn't seem all THAT bad! Geesh!

You're so mean I'll bet you're a Republican too!

"Wait a little longer. I recently bought some tubes fron FERG'S AMP SHOP in NASHVILLE, TENNESSEE and it was 17 days after close when I received the tubes. I paid immediately after close of auction. He did not answer my e-mails either. I left appropiate feedback for 'ole FERG.

Keith"

Allan Songer said:

"17 days and you're slamming the guy with negative feedback? That seems really, really severe! Are the tubes what he said they were? Are you happy with them? I have bought and sold a couple of THOUSAND items on ebay--mostly tubes and LPs--and I have a 100% positive feedback. I know I've been a little bit tardy in sending out items from time to time and I've gotten stuff in a couple of weeks late as well -- 17 days doesn't seem all THAT bad! Geesh!

You're so mean I'll bet you're a Republican too!"

Wrong twice in the same post Allan! I left the guy positive feedback as a matter of fact. I'll assume you are a Communist since you assumed I am a Replublican! :^)

I paid and sent an e-mail. No response. After about 12 days I sent him an e-mail asking if he had received payment. No response. The tubes arrived. No response from the seller at any time. Wonder what the seller would have done had I waited 17 days to pay? E-mail is cheap, easy and effective. I once read a statement somewhere that I completely agree with. Can't remember where it was though. Here it is:

"I think good communication between the buyer and seller is important to a non-stressful ebay transaction!"

Keith

It was very easy to assume that when you wrote "appropriate feedback for 'ol Ferg" you meant NEGATIVE feedback--at least I got that impression and I'll bet almost anyone would . . .

Nope, not a commie. But I am a card-carrying member of the ACLU!

Keith,

You're right.It's not knowing that is stressful.I didn't think I had gotten stiffed,but I just didn't know.You go into this assuming the best,but communicating is what keeps you thinking that way.I'm still looking forward to the "new" tubes.

SSH

Just Kidding Allan! I guess I should have been more specific about the feedback. Just for fun, it went something like this: "slow to ship, an e-mail response would have been nice, received item.' My thinking was that I could telegraph the sellers performance to future buyers so that they might read my feedback and save themselves a little frustration.

In ssh's case, he may have gone back and, after reading my feedback, felt reassured that the seller was simply slow shipping.

I recently bought an item from an E-Bay seller. The item was not as described. He accused me of threatening him with bad feedback. I informed him that his feedback from me was simply a reflection of HIS OWN performance and that HE had total control of his own feedback. Plain and simple.

Keith

I recently sold four fairly expensive (over $100 each) Western Electric tubes on ebay--the auctions ended and one buyer won three of the tubes and another guy won one. The guy who won the single tube sent me a PayPal payment about 5 minutes after the auction ended. The other guy did not respond to any of my emails for DAYS and then sent me an email where he told me that he needed all four of the 310As, so he wouldn't be buying the three. I told him I was going to leave negative feedback and he threatened me with a "bait and switch" complaint and negative feedback of his own. Now THAT's B.S.!!!

Luckily I emailed the guy who won the single tube and he agreed to buy the other three for about $10 per tube less than the original high bid. I'm waiting until there's about 1 minute left before the 90 day window to leave feedback and then I'm going to SLAM this guy--he won't be able to retaliate! I gues that would be feedback-sniping!