Question about connecting HK 525

ennessex

Hey guys, my HK 525 receiver finally came and I am having a little problem accessing my on screen menu and display system. Basically what I did was connect my receiver (monitor) using component cables to my TV (component-in) and I thought that would enable me to see the on screen menu....Well that didn't work and I'm stumped why it won't work. If you guys have any pointers on what I'm doing wrong...feel free to advise. Thanks in advance.

Sam

Might be a stupid question, but did you switch the TV to view the component input? (thought I'd ask, you never know.)

Also, on my Denon it has a MONITOR single RCA jack for the soul purpose of the onscreen hookup to the TV. See if you have something similar.

Also, my Denon won't display anything til I hit the menu button on the remote.

----------------

On 5/15/2003 3:22:26 PM Diggs wrote:

Glad to hear you got it to work. I also think it's odd the component output couldn't output the on screen display.
----------------

Pretty common, actually, until recently. I think your Denon 2800 behaves the same way...

Doug

wavey.gif I'm here finally.

I kinda skimmed over the posts but did see that you were able to get it figured out. On the 520, I know there is a single RCA plug called Monitor or something like that, that is what I use for my source. The press the OSD button and wala.

----------------

On 5/15/2003 3:26:17 PM dougdrake wrote:

----------------

On 5/15/2003 3:22:26 PM Diggs wrote:

Glad to hear you got it to work. I also think it's odd the component output couldn't output the on screen display.
----------------

Pretty common, actually, until recently. I think your Denon 2800 behaves the same way...

Doug

----------------

LOL, my Denon doesn't even HAVE component inputs/outputs. Yeah, I'm a little behind the times. The TV doesn't have them either, so no big loss. 3.gif