Home Theater Master MX 700

woolygums

This is really a slick remote. Just got it and am still tweaking it. Basic programming was less than an hour. Great IR Database and really easy intuitive software. It must be programmed with a computer, but that is so simple. So far it controls everything and very easily done. Good feel, buttons convenient.

Got a Pronto TSU 2000 that I never really felt good about. These LCD screens are difficult for my fingers and miss easily. I like a hard button remote, but was getting tired of having to use multiple standard remotes.

This HTM MX 700 has a great feel to it. Your fingers just naturally find the buttons.

Now all the other remotes are put away and I only have one, the HTM MX-700! I even like the light color so I can find it easily.

Will post more as I take some more time tweaking.

It even has a small, but very powerful additional remote that comes with it, great for the secondary home or kids AV setup.

Very Highly Reccomended.

Bill

I have the MX-500, & I feel the same way. No computer interface, but setup is still very easy. Part of why I picked it is because it also controls my X-10 lighting.

I paid $119 from an on-line dealer. It lists for $199

Easy-

They recently reduced the price of the HomeTheaterMaster MX-700 to $350 (via a factory rebate of $150 for the month of May, so buy it now if you are on the fence!) A great pic can be seen at http://www.remotecentral.com/mx700/photo01.htm

I have to second Bills' recomendation. I have had the MX-700 for a few months and it has been fantastic. The primary reason that I'm not a huge fan of the MX-500, is that the ease of use of the computer program is VASTLY superior to the options available for the MX-500. Its SOOOO nice when you find a bug in your program to walk over to the PC, fix it in 2 seconds, and reload the program to the remote....

-Dave

My Parasound C2 comes with an OEM version of the MX 700. That is one fantastic remote. Well designed, great lighting for HT use and fully programmable. My wife loves it. One button does it all, starts the projector, the dvd, the pre/pro, amps and sets the source to DVD. Same goes when she's done. Just one button and everything turn off.