Klipsch RS-7 nightmare

bryan2

I just purchased a second pair of white RS-7s (from an authorized dealer) for my 6th and 7th channels.

First problem: While holding the speaker, I accidently put a little pressure on the grill, and suddenly I see a big streak of black stain on the white grill cloth. It happened to me a year ago with my white SS1s. Fortunately, PhilH and Trey helped me get a free replacement.

Second Problem: After the stain incident, I decided to remove the grill and hang the speakers on the wall. It looked good. However, when I turned on my receiver, there was no sound from one of the new RS-7s. I thought maybe my wires are screwed up (which run across the ceiling). I connected my old SS1 to the same wires and it worked. After, proving that its not the wires, I got my screw driver and remove the connector panel at the back of the RS-7. Guess what? One of the connectors inside (the red one) is not connected and the black connector is also about half way to being disconnected, it's very loose. A good quality control should have noticed the problem. I also noticed that the wire connectors inside looks very cheapy. I wish I still have all the receipts for all my expensive banana plugs, I could have returned them for a cheaper ones. I don't think it really matters.

Third problem: I just called Klipsch customer service, I explained what happened to my RS7 grill and expect a free replacement. The guy said, he has to charge me $54.00 plus tax+shipping for a grill replacement, unless I talked to the Klipsch dealer @#$%&*#. First of all, the Klipsch dealer is about 70 miles from our place and I don't want to talk to them anymore after we have an argument regarding a canceled order for a pair of Quintet speakers. So now I'm stuck.

All these "Wired With Monster" cable logo is bull$@#^&*%. Calling Klipsch: I already fixed the wiring problem, I just want a replacement of my white RS-7 grill.

My gear:

RF-7s

RC-7

1 pair black RS-7s

1 pair of STAINED white RS-7s

Dual RSW-15s

StageOne (replacing Pioneer 45tx)

Aragon 2007

Bryan:

Call your Klipsch dealer and don't hesitate to be assertive. Your desire not to call them should be balanced against the $54 out of pocket. I'd make the call if it meant saving a few $$$.

Bryan-

Dont panic!

I experienced the same problem with the grill when hanging my RS-7 also. It will clean off. Place several folds of clean dry fabric between the the grill material and the grille frame and lay the grill flat. Then using another clean wet cloth and some mild detergent blot the mark until it is clean. (I used a spot remover that was made for white fabrics). Allow to dry COMPLETELY before removing the extra fabric. Do not let the damp fabric come in contact with the frame or additional staining will occur. Good Luck.

This is a fine example of why I stick with the older Klipsch Heritage speakers, you certainly wont find those kind of workmanship errors in a Heritage speaker I can assure you. For what the new speakers cost I would certainly expect alot more. The KSW-15 I bought was a perfect example, I bought it so I could have an all Klipsch setup. Price on the unit was $750 retail, I paid $500 at an authorized dealer. A short while after purchasing it the port came loose and I had to re-silicone it in place so it would not flop all over. Then the woofers trim ring came loose and I had to silicone that back into place. The amp held up and worked fine, but man o' man what shoddy workmanship. Al K posted a photo of the inside of a new Khorn's woofer door to show the crossover, it looked horrible, the zip ties were not trimmed neatly the layout was sloppy, it is downright depressing. I guess it is necessary for quality workmanship and components to go down while profits go up. What a shame. 8.gif