Cambridge Soundworks Newton P1000

Papertester

That was my second sub in my HT. I started off with the P500 and move up to the P1000.

I expected more from the P1000. After returning the P1000 the RSW10 move into my HT. The muddiness was gone and the RSW10 was much tighter and richer. The best feature of the Newtons is the remote volume control. Side note, the phone looking cable is about 15 feet long - if you shorten it the two wires need to be crossed over.

For the price I would recommend looking at an Klipsch sub or an SVS PB1 or SVS PC+2039.

Living in the Northeast corridor Cambridge sound and Tweeter have excellent retun policys. (try before you commit)

I believe the Auburn MA store still has an RSW12. Ask for Nino.

Scott

I would second that recommendation. I had a chance to try a P1000 for a while, and I didn't like it. I expected it to have more output. Nice looking sub, love the remote, but no slam. Just got a KSW 12 that puts it to shame for less money. Got into a good argument with the CS guys at the store too, that was fun!

Greg

If you are looking for compact and powerful there is one choice SUNFIRE(the original true micro sub)

The Mark IV and the Signature will pound the Soundworks six feet under.Cambridge also wants to copy the real deal,well they will play follow the leader for a long time.

In the compact subs...

Sunfire Mark IV and Signature(still the king of powerful ultra compact subs)

Velodyne SPL1000 and 1200,also HGS12(quite expensive considering the output)

Today Joe and Blow have their "microsub" and want a piece of the cake Bob Carver created.The only serious microsub contender is Velodyne.The rest are copycats and me too products.