Need Klipsch KSP-S6 Surround Speakers?

G-Money

Good day forum members,

I am in need of the subject speakers to finish my surround set-up (Chorus II main; C-7 Center; SVS 25-31 CS Sub). I have looked high and low to no avail; if anyone knows where I might get a pair, please let me know. Thanks in advance,

V/R

G-Money

With your Chorus II's how does the c7 sound I have the Academy and it sounds a little muddy with some movies have you tried to match any other center speaker up with them? for the rears I was thinking about the rs 7 or the rs35's because I am unable to locate the KSP-S6 also.

Rich

"With your Chorus II's how does the c7 sound I have the Academy and it sounds a little muddy with some movies have you tried to match any other center speaker up with them?"

If you are unhappy with the Academy, the C7 will not help you.

I used to own an Academy, and I can tell you that it is the best match for your Chorus II's in a small size. To do better, you should look at a Heresy, Forte II, or Chorus II (Chorus II would be the best bet if you can find room). Also, building a custom center channel is a popular trend here, in response to the "less than optimal" center channel speakers that are sold otherwise.

The Academy's weakness is that it has difficulty keeping up at high SPL - but at more moderate volumes does very well - especially with dialogue. If you want the best performance, a full sized main (ideally a Chorus II) would be just what the doctor ordered.

KSPS-6: One of our members had a set of these for sale along with a whole KLF setup....a poster by the name of Craig, from Oklahoma. Don't know if he sold these or not, but it would be worth searching/emailing him to see if he still has these.

UPDATE: Well, I opted for SS-1, I got 4 of them for $430...not too bad of a price. When I get all my speaks in, I will give a listen and let you know what I think of my first surround system. Thanks for the advice and assistance.

V/R

G-Money

Chorus II Front

C-7 Center (bought from Craig, in route)

SS-1 Surrounds (bought on Ebay, in route)

SVS 25-39 CS (tuned to 22 hz, in route)

Yamaha 2300 (bought from BX, $700.00)

• 2 weeks later...