tweeter resistance mismatch

Deang

I have two tweeters. They both pass the continuity check, and make sound when tested by hooking in place of my PC speakers. The problem is that when I set my multimeter to check the DC resistance -- one comes in at 1.8 ohms, and the other is 3.4 ohms. The tweeters are from the DQ-10's I'm restoring. The tweeters are identical.

Any ideas what would cause this?

Are the part numbers the same?

Has one been reconed?

What about the tweeter networks, are they different to compensate? if so maybe the factory made a change.

Years ago I purchased a pair of K33Es from a Klipsch "factory" authorized reconer (the reconer for Flanners A/V in Brookfield WI is a place called Wisconsin Recone). They were K33E factory baskets but the woofer DC resistances were 5.5 and 5.2 ohms, not even close to the advertised 3.2 ohms. I didn't even think to measure them before I bought them.

I'm still stuck with them.

They are the original Philips tweeters Dahlquist used -- they are both stamped "4 ohms" on the back of the magnets. I wonder if one might be a later model replacement. The only thing I can think of that would cause it is the voice coil winding. The new one either has more/tighter turns -- or heavier gauge wire. Beats me.