Blown Tweeter in 1960 Klipschorns

I hauled home the 1960 khorns I bought last week and discovered one of the tweeters is blown. They are K-77 Alnico of course, the blown one is serialized 1286.

My question is this: the woofers are EV 15 WK Alnicos and the crossovers are K 500/5000 (dated 1960) and the terminals for the amp connection are labelled 16 ohm. Does this mean the tweeters might be 16 ohm instead of 8 ohm? And since they are so old do they use a different diaphram than the later ceramic tweeters? Or a different impedence diaphram? Any advice appreciated.

I can take pix of the stuff if that helps but don't know how to post them.

Best in Horns,

triceratops

The K77 is an ElectroVoice T35. EV did make 16 ohm versions of the T35, but AFAIK all K77s are 8 ohm. So was the University 4401 used before them. If I am wrong, someone please correct me.

FWIW a given impedance rating for the box does not mean that all components have the same impedance. It is fairly common for some components to have a difference impedance than others in the same box. For example, all the Heresys had an 8 ohm K77, 16 ohm squawker driver, and 8 or 16 ohm woofer.

Your tweeters should take the same diaphragm as all my Heresys (1966 to 1978). It is about $22 from places like Simply Speakers IIRC. Same thing as for ElectroVoice T35. If you tweeters are 16 ohms, I think you are SOL unless you can find another working pair. AFAIK the 16 ohm diaphragms are unvailable.