RF-5 discontinued ?

damonrpayne

I searched the forums and didn't find any other threads on this so I apologize if this is "old news":

A dealer told me yesterday that the RF-5 speakers were being discontinued. Is this true? The RF-7s are probably just too big for my current room. The RF-35 seems to be the offering meant to replace the RF-5, but I'm worried those might not give me room to grow into a larger space. If the RF-5s are being discontinued should I run out and try to snag a pair?

RF5's discontinued!? I would be very surprised,I will ask my Klipsch dealer today if this holds true.

I hope Klipsch does not transform the R series into cheapie series.RF7's and RF5's are a must,RF35's and RF3's are too low end to represent the R series well.

----------------

On 6/4/2003 9:54:24 AM TheEAR wrote:

RF7's and RF5's are a must,RF35's and RF3's are too low end to represent the R series well.

----------------

Where does that leave the RF15 and RF25?? Personally I think they should have been called something else. The reference name needs to stand on a pedistal. They could could have come up with a new "series" that would encompas the RF15, 25, and 35. That would make more sense. That would still give you two distinct lines at the retail stores, plus one at BB.

This seems like it would be a surprising move, and definatly lower the overall quality of the reference line. It seems to me that the RF35/RC35/RS35 all compare closely to the RF3/RC3/RS3, with the 15 and 25 models simply being cheaper reference models. I see no direct replacements for the RF-5 or RF-7 models

Its entirely possible that this dealer is smoking crack, which is why I came here to validate the claim.

Looking at the new "compare" feature on the main Klipsch site, the specs for the RC-35 are _very close_ to the RF-5, on paper they don't look like an insult to the reference line.

I think, either way, I've decided to track down a pair of RF-5s even if they're not going to be in production much longer.

• Klipsch Employees

NO

The RF-5, RF-7 system is not "gone". They "MAY" at some point go to the new look and be renamed RF-*5, but no time soon. There is no reserch going on for that now.

It takes about 12-18 months to bring a change like that into play...

----------------

Looking at the new "compare" feature on the main Klipsch site, the specs for the RC-35 are _very close_ to the RF-5, on paper they don't look like an insult to the reference line.

----------------

They are close to the RF-5, but pretty much identical to the RF-3. The biggest difference between teh RF-5 and RF-3 was just the horn size and cross-over anyways.

The RF-35 does not seem like an insult to the reference line at all, it is right on par with RF-3's which are excellent speakers in my opinion. I have not heard RF-15 or RF-25's, but they seem like tweeners between the Synergy line and the Reference line.