H/K 430 Twin initial reactions

ben.

I think some of you folks may have missed "the point" behind the H/K "X30" series of receivers. "The point" being that they provide one of the very best "bangs for a buck" when looking for an INEXPENSIVE way to power-up heritage speakers and still have a great overall package. One would be hard-pressed to find any combination of separates or any receiver that will perform as well as an H/K 430 with Heresys at the same price these REGULARLY go for on ebay. After all, for around a measely 50 bucks or so, you get a great little SS amplifier section, a "more than adequate" preamp section, and a pretty fine little tuner...all in one package...and virtually bullet-proof...hard to beat it, IMHO!

Sure, you can beat the sound with some other SS items out there...and certainly with many of the tube items available, but by the time you buy all the components and such to do so, you will have MUCH more than just 50 bucks or so invested...dontcha think?

My recommendation for the H/K "X30" line was made with SMALL budgets in mind...look at it this way...the Scott sounds better...BUT...where is the tuner?...and how much did it cost?...the H/K can be had for less than the price of just good tubes for the Scott...AND it won't be needing any tubes replaced down the line.

Comparisons should be made on like equipment at similar cost, in this particular case...IMHO.

I still stand by my recommendation...the H/K "X30" series provides about the "best bang for the buck" one can find for a match to heritage speakers...ESPECIALLY for Heresys!

Andy-

I think I made the same points. I did qualify my statements with regards to unequal price categories. I thought I made it clear that I'm happy with the unit. If you hadn't raved about them so much here, I probably would never have given it a chance, so thanks for that!

Ben

HDBRBuilder,

I agree 100%. While I possibly didn't state so explicitly, I believe for $50, you simply can't beat the H/K 430. You'd have to spend 4 to 8 times more to find SS to top it, new or used!

The H/K is an incredible value.

Mace