set-up cd

odiedarklord

You might also consider "Sound Check" by Alan Parsons.

I tried to paste in the webside but it didn't work. Do a search for Sound Check and Parsons, it'll pop up at the top of the list.

I don't like their optional sound meter. An RS unit works better for me. You can use any disk with 1/3 octave noise and the RS meter to get an appoximation of your system response.

There is not any merit to burn in disks IMHO.

The Parson's disk doesn't do multichannel sound. I may be looking for one of those on the previously cited link if I get a sophisticated system. It would be cool.

Gil

----------------

On 6/8/2003 6:49:29 PM William F. Gil McDermott wrote:

You might also consider "Sound Check" by Alan Parsons.

----------------

The tech that was doing the equipment setup at my schools new theater had that disk. It had 92 tracks on it with some very nice music samples. I am now looking for it as well.

If you're looking for an HT setup disk, check the Avia Guide to Home Theater, or the Sound & Vision Home Theater disk (see the S&V website to buy directly, sometimes cheaper and with free shipping, than via other outlets). Also, you can check out Video Essentials.

If you just want test tones, there is a test CD at www.stryke.com.

DD