Is it ok to mount your center channel?

andre-k

I wanted to know if it was a good idea to mount my center channel on the wall instead of putting it on top of my t.v( my t.v is too "skinny" and I have a basic tv stand) I just purchased the complete synergy series, sf-2 main, the big center that they have, the big surrounds, the 12 inch sub ksw-12. All synergy cant remember all the model numbers. Im putting it to the yamaha 5660 amp, 85 wpc. Any comments on the system, did I do a good job?

Yes, Mount away. Just remember to pay attention to location. If you have to go higher you may want to angle them down at the listening position. I have mine in the VCR slot of my entertainment center below the TV. Works great--you should really enjoy the system. Yamaha & Klipsch go well together.

PS Wellcome aboard, I guess you know this is just the begining of a long, unending,compulsive,& expensive hobby! Oh, & did I say fun!!!

Mounting is fine and as said before, angle to listening position. They do, however, make a center speaker holder that attaches to the top of your tv (even skinny ones). Hi-end shops will carry them and probably Best Buy or the like also. They're only a few bucks.

I have always thought it was better to keep the speaker off of the TV itself, mainly to keep vibrations down to the set. I really had thoughts about this after my first RPTV went bad, like it was shorting out.