Carvin Amps?

Vital

Has anyone used Carvin amps around here? I know they make great commercial gear for stuff like clubs, concerts and so on. The speakers they build are rated at 103db sensitivity with horns so I would think their amps would be clean. I found a reference power amp and a dual monitor amp with a graphic EQ for good prices.

HT760 Dual Monitor Amp with Graphic EQ:

The DCM1001 sets a new price/performance standard in professional monitor amplification! With two 9-band graphic EQs built in, it eliminates the need for purchasing an additional external EQ in many systems. Delivering 500 watts per channel into a maximum of eight 8 ohm speakers, the DCM1001 can handle most monitoring chores with ease. LEDs for clip, protect and power. Inputs: XLR and ¼". Speaker outs: ¼", professional Twist-Lok connectors, and multi-purpose binding posts. 25 lbs.

Price: $449.99

HT150 Reference Power Amplifier:

HEAR THE DIFFERENCE

SUPER CLEAN less than .1% THD +- 1dB 20 to 20kHz CRYSTAL CLEAR TRANSPARENT doesnt sound processed HIGH SLEW-RATE better than 50 volts per µ second SOLID BASS reproduces exactly what the kick drum delivers SUPER QUIET no hum or line noise generated internally OPTIO ISOLATOR LIMITORS a CARVIN exclusive that eliminates limiter distortion typically inherent in other amps

Price: $229.99

Thoughts?

http://www.carvin.com/pro_sound/poweramps/index.html

• 2 weeks later...

For what it's worth, my brother used a Carver Professional PM-700 350WPC amp for our dad's Cornwalls years ago...absolutely no problems, and it sounded great. It's a bit overkill for our Klipsch, but the sound is clean and dynamic, with plenty of juice to spare if you like playing your music to concert levels! There's no reason why the two Carvins you listed couldn't work as well. Some members here also use Crown and Hafler, dbx and Mackie, so there's no reason not to use Carvin.