How come the RB-35's don't have a recommended sub?

acutally, it's probably because the subwoofer it is reccomended for hasn't yet been released. there is a new line of subs for the Reference series. they won't be as good as the current ones, but are designed to work with the new reference series (sorta how the higher end RF models didn't get replaced).

Just use your better judgement. If you push an amp too far it can go into clipping and that can cause serious damage to your speakers. Clipping happens and your speakers will make a popping noise. Hopefully your amp's internal computer will catch the clipping before you hear it, stop it in its tracks. most nice receivers now-a-days have cip protection, but don't test it.

OK, I beg to differ,,, The new line up is fantastic.... I am serious here too. The new front ported bookshelf speakers...RB35- RB75 Those lucky to go to Indy next week will hear it for themselves..

As far as the new subs... Prodj101 again pull your foot out of your mouth cause it must be pretty deep to the other opening... cause the NEW subs...all the corner technology subs... Kick a$$.

I DARE someone coming to Indy to bring a SVS sub and let us AB them and test em to the new lineup. I think you would send em back and be proud you stayed with Klipsch.

And finally to answer your question... The NEW subs will come out soon...the front port is a great idea in the subs, and they are very musical too. THINK real bottom "thump" or notes clear as day.. without the distorting harmonics BS that others use to let you think your getting real low clear notes out of them!!

Thats my 2 cents Prodj101 ...pls comment on things you know about or have heard. As with anything, I have an opinion just like you, but I guess I just get frustrated sometimes...people making comments on things they have no idea about.. IndyKlipschFan

----------------

On 6/16/2003 2:40:55 PM IndyKlipschFan wrote:

OK, I beg to differ,,, The new line up is fantastic.... I am serious here too. The new front ported bookshelf speakers...RB35- RB75 Those lucky to go to Indy next week will hear it for themselves..

As far as the new subs... Prodj101 again pull your foot out of your mouth cause it must be pretty deep to the other opening... cause the NEW subs...all the corner technology subs... Kick a$$.

I DARE someone coming to Indy to bring a SVS sub and let us AB them and test em to the new lineup. I think you would send em back and be proud you stayed with Klipsch.

And finally to answer your question... The NEW subs will come out soon...the front port is a great idea in the subs, and they are very musical too. THINK real bottom "thump" or notes clear as day.. without the distorting harmonics BS that others use to let you think your getting real low clear notes out of them!!

Thats my 2 cents Prodj101 ...pls comment on things you know about or have heard. As with anything, I have an opinion just like you, but I guess I just get frustrated sometimes...people making comments on things they have no idea about.. IndyKlipschFan

----------------

lol, you idiot. no one even called the new reference line bad, "i beg to differ", that might have sounded logical if you were actually differing from someone on something, but you're not. and don't comment on what I have no idea about? the RSW-15 will make minc meat of any of the new corner ported subs. dig through the forum back when people were first talking about the new products. see for your self. have you noticed that the RF-35 didn't replace the RF-5 or 7? this is because both the RF-5 and 7 are far superior products, but also cost much more. the new reference line was designedto provide as much of the reference lines quality at a much more affoardable price. I'm not saying they will be bad subs, I'm just saying they won't be as good as the current line of subs, which is why they won't be replacing them.

Prodj101 wrote...

" acutally, it's probably because the subwoofer it is reccomended for hasn't yet been released. there is a new line of subs for the Reference series. they won't be as good as the current ones, but are designed to work with the new reference series (sorta how the higher end RF models didn't get replaced)."

And by idiot to follow, I guess you mean by its definition I am an....Idiot..Date: 14th century

1 : a person affected with idiocy; especially : a feebleminded person having a mental age not exceeding three years and requiring complete custodial care

2 : a foolish or stupid person

And you also gave us...

" lol, you idiot. no one even called the new reference line bad, "i beg to differ", that might have sounded logical if you were actually differing from someone on something, but you're not. and don't comment on what I have no idea about? the RSW-15 will make minc meat of any of the new corner ported subs. dig through the forum back when people were first talking about the new products. see for your self. have you noticed that the RF-35 didn't replace the RF-5 or 7? this is because both the RF-5 and 7 are far superior products, but also cost much more. the new reference line was designed to provide as much of the reference lines quality at a much more affoardable price. I'm not saying they will be bad subs, I'm just saying they won't be as good as the current line of subs, which is why they won't be replacing them. "

First off my comment on the post.."Thats my 2 cents Prodj101 ...pls comment on things you know about or have heard.  As with anything, I have an opinion just like you, but I guess I just get frustrated sometimes...people making comments on things they have no idea about..  IndyKlipschFan" is very valid...

so......

=================================================

I think EXACTLY what I said is valid. You have not heard them, I have. Thus you can't possibly ( intellectullay constipated on yourself or not,) say anything that has merit. So, not all the new technology lineup in the sub series has been released yet. The Rb 35 was never meant to replace the RF 7. There is a new RB35 and RB75 floor model..and yes bookeshelf versions of each...that will give the RF 7 a run for its money too IMO and might in the future, replace the RF-7 though so agin your miss informed. Yes some of the new RB series and subs have been released. When you live in Indy, you tend to get things a couple of weeks earlier than across the country.. or in your case the globe too. (Most of Klipsch is here, the other in Hope, AK.) Your comment on "they will not be as good at the current line" is unfair...again a miss informed opinion based on your lack of knowledge and not hearing them personally. I have, at the store, and at Klipsch. So will others this weekend.. So let them agree or disagree with me AFTER they too, have heard them.

Your one statement is semi true... the higher RF models will not be replaced..YET... These are different designs...I personally think they are better in the new design and a much better placement for a lot of people with the woofer and port firing forward.... Again something YOU can't say anything on... because you have no idea what your talking about.. Wait till the new corner design woofers/ subs come out later say if they put in one with an 15 inch or heaven forbid a 18 inch woofer for the sub...even later.... they will rock the house for sure...And you will def eat your words.

For what it is worth....

What is it about this board sometimes??.... I know, like an a$$hole everyone also has an opinion... but your first inclinition is to cut something down.... Especially without proof. And you do this a lot Prodj101?? I am older I guess, and take a wait n see attitude approach combined with what I already know from facts. You could have said I feel like,,,etc etc might be.,., such n such.....but without any proof again.. I think your not only wrong but VERY wrong because again.. .. You do not know what your talking about.

"IndyKlipschFan: any more info on the RB-35's, you are teh only person I know that's heard them. How loud are they compared to the RB-75s? Do they look good? Anything else good about them?"

Loud should be a minor factor in decision making.

Soundstage

accuracy of reproduction

ability to recreewate a vocal or particular instrument better

these are more satisfying listening criteria.

did you not read the press release concerning the new RW line? if you had, you would know that these subs in no way are meant to replace the RSW line, but rather the KSW line. but oh wait, I keep forgetting that you know more about klipsch than they know about themselves. here are a few bits from the article to make so you don't have to dig it up, however if you do, look in the news center under archives, and it will be under the date 1-7-03.

"NDIANAPOLIS (January 8, 2003) Klipsch Audio Technologies has announced three new powered subwoofers in its acclaimed Reference Series, the RW-8, RW-10, and RW-12. Based on an exciting new approach to enclosure venting, these models produce deeper, stronger, cleaner bass than the KSW subwoofers they replace, yet at comparable or lower prices and from smaller enclosure footprints. "

The challenge behind the RW subwoofers was to approach the performance and flexibility of our top-of-the-line RSW models at dramatically lower prices, says Paul Jacobs, COO of the Klipsch Worldwide Products Group. These new RW models, despite their much smaller cabinets, are real powerhouses that will enable you to create complete Reference Series systems at the most popular price points. Klipsch has had the best-selling subwoofers on the market for a number of years now, and we expect the size, price, and sound of these new Reference models to extend that lead.

"The RW-8 and RW-10 have a high-quality black vinyl finish, and the RW-12 is also available in a cherry vinyl veneer. The Reference Series RW subwoofers are expected to be available in June 2003 (with international distribution following 30 days later) at tentative MSRPs of $350 for the RW-8, $500 for the RW-10, and $650 for the RW-12. Final pricing will be announced in February 2003."

hmmm, from those 3 paragraphs, it is obvious they are not meant to surpass the performance of the RSW line, notice they say APPROACH not SURPASS the performance of the RSW line. also note that all of klipsch's top of the line products have real wood veneer, i.e. the RSW-15, RF7 and 5, the RC-7, and the RB-5. these new subwoofers do not, and while this does not necisarrily mean that they are low quality, if they were meant to compete with the higher end models, they would use a high quality finish, instead of vinyl because part of any true high end speaker is it's finish. And lastly, look at the costs. if these new speakers were BETTER, their price would say so. I realize that klipsch wanted to produce something with similar quality without the high cost, it would not be this dramatic, we're talking a 650 dollar sub, which you claim is better than an 1,800 one. if this were correct, they would have discontinued the RSW line because why would anyone buy an 1800 dolalr sub when a 650 is better? not to mention the retail price of these new subs is near identical to that of the original KSW line.

the rb-35's sound really good, and are HALF the price of the rb-75's. i have heard and have BOTH in stock, though i haven't done a side-by-side comparison (YET). i recently sold a pair to a customer along with a sub(there are a number of klipsch subs that would compliment the rb-35's nicely)and he told me yesterday (GASP!!) that he thought they sounded BETTER than his heresys!!

my $1.95

EDIT: MICHAEL SCHAFFER: that onkyo is one we use often to demo speakers, and should work well.

justin: there are two primary ways speakers are damaged:

1.clipping-when the amp 'clips' the waveform due to inadequate power, and leaks ac to the speakers,generally causing the tweets to say 'bye-bye'.EDIT:o.k., i'm not completely sure about this,some say it is the HIGH level of distortion that causes the damage, not leaking voltage...

2.overdriving the speakers by overpowering them may cook the voice coils, but the speakers will make a 'popping' sound as they physically bottom out, and you can usually turn them down before damage occurs.

FOR SURE an underpowered amp makes damaging speakers more likely than overpowering them.

this is my understanding, anyone else may chime in.

avman.