RF-3II Freq Response Charts/Graphs

arj

It's right on the site! Just go to the main page and go to reference>floorstanding>RF3II

FREQUENCY RESPONSE:

37Hz-20kHz±3dB

SENSITIVITY:

98dB @ 1watt/1meter

POWER HANDLING:

150 watts maximum continuous (600 watts peak)

NOMINAL IMPEDANCE:

8 ohms

ENCLOSURE TYPE:

Bass reflex via rear-mounted port

DRIVE COMPONENTS:

Two-way sytem using one 1" (2.54cm) magnetically shielded, titanium dome compression driver tweeter with a 6" (15.24cm) square 90° x 60° Tractrix® Horn and two 8" (20.32cm) magnetically shielded, aluminum cone woofers

TWEETER:

K-105-K 1" (2.54cm) Titanium dome compression driver

HIGH FREQUENCY HORN:

6" square 90°x60° Tractrix® Horn

HF CROSSOVER:

1975Hz

WOOFER:

Two K-1083-SB 8" (20.32cm) Cerametallic® cone / cast polymer frame

I guess thats what I could do..I was listening to Stravinsky's Rite of spring and I could SWEAR that the freq was going lower than the rated 37,seemed like in the lower 30's to me..Of course ears are not the best instruments for that level of detail. Am still convincing myself for going for a sub and this very well could be wishful thinking !!!

Hence thought if someone has the response charts i could take a look at the 30 hz values and convince myself of the need for a sub, as well as go 1 up on my cousins Paradigms !!

Thanks

Arj

----------------

On 6/22/2003 12:52:25 PM lovemyhorns wrote:

I think room volume/geometry/placement have an effect on realtime speaker response

----------------

That is so true... the room will have a huge effect on the low frequency responce. Also, the published frequency responce curves often vary from the measured curves.

Thats true.

Funnily I am currently using this in an almost 35X14 hall and the speakers being more than 5 ft from the back wall on the long side and more 3 feet each from the side walls (they are around 7ft apart)

hence i would have expected punchy Bass but not a very low response...anyway am moving to a larger apartment with a smaller hall...so lets see how it performs there :)

I did find response charactestics for the RB-5 in the below site, by Andrew Marshal..hence the Rf-3I must definitely be better

http://www.audio-ideas.com/reviews/loudspeakers/klipsch-rb5.html

Was really hoping someone has the same for the RF-3II's !!

Cheers! and thanks a lot for the helpful comments

Per Klipsch, they don't publish the curves because in real life the speakers aren't flat. In other words, the response in a given room is way different than the response in an anechoic chamber with ideal conditions.

One thing I do, however, miss is that one can't compare speakers anymore based on the curves. Back in the old days Klipsch did publish the response curves for the Heritage line.

Good luck if you find some info on the RFII's. Post back with a link or post the image!

Mace

• 2 weeks later...