Are Quintets Decent?

MBM135

I have set up my 2 channel room system (listed below) and need a very unobtrusive HT set-up. I want something small and have been looking at the box packages from H/K, Bose, Polk etc. I don't want to dwarf the room with big black speakers, etc.

Since I am a Klipsch fan I was wondering if the Quintets would work OK with the KSW-10. Will these at least make for a loud enough, decent HT set-up? We only watch a movie once a week at the most and I am not looking for state of the art system by any means. I'm using a Harman/Kardon AVR-110 DTS 5.1 Rcvr.

Thanks,

Mike

Yes, the Quintets are decent -- in fact, more than decent. By all logic, speakers that small and at that price should not sound that good. I've had a set for about a year and a half w/ the KSW10 and the only way you will be disappointed is if you are expecting very high end sound and projection. And, as I've said at least a dozen times on this forum, please do not buy the Bose cubes over the Quintets. Energy Take-Fives and Paradigm make good very compact speakers too, but probably not as good as Quintets. Again, no Bose!

I have set up my 2 channel room system (listed below) and need a very unobtrusive HT set-up. I want something small and have been looking at the box packages from H/K, Bose, Polk etc. I don't want to dwarf the room with big black speakers, etc.

---------------------------------------------------------------

I here you, my wife wanted some nice, small, cute speakers too. 2.gif

----------------

On 6/22/2003 11:38:16 AM MBM135 wrote:

----------------

I'll tell you one thing that the Klipsch Quintets will blow away the Bose acusticmass junk easily. I have listened to them side-by-side and will take the Quintets anyday.

Better yet, and this I found out last weekend - those new Reference series satellites that we have been curious about? Well, I got to see them with my own eyes during the Klipsch tour last weekend and even asked when they are to be shipping? They said they will be available in a couple of weeks, and seem to be very reasonably priced. You may want to hold off a couple or three weeks and see if you can check these out at a local dealer. They are a little bigger than I anticipated them to be, but they were not to terribly big - they are smaller than the RB series bookshelf speakers, though. Here are a couple pics of these new satelites:

RSX5_1_small.jpgRCX4_2_small.jpg

RSX-5 RCX-4

I have the quintet + ksw10 + h/k 225 set up and also live in an apartment. I've only had it for a week, but I can tell you that you will not be disappointed.

I love it and am thankful my brother-in-law talked me into doing it. Also, received some nice advice/encouragement on this board from skonopa, among others.

Our test dvd was attack of the clones (the big jedi arena fight) and I was completely amazed by the sound and the effect it had in my living room. My downstairs neighbors may hate me, but only for a few hours a week 3.gif

Anyway, hope this helps.

cyclones22

Hello all

I am thinking of buying the Quintet with the KSW-10 also. I am also intrested in the Synergy System 6. If anyone can point me to a store that has a good deal on either of these please point it out to me.

And also, what is the difference between the Quintet and the Quintet II?

Thanks for anyhelp!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

----------------

On 6/28/2003 2:35:37 AM Edveen76 wrote:

Hello all

I am thinking of buying the Quintet with the KSW-10 also. I am also intrested in the Synergy System 6. If anyone can point me to a store that has a good deal on either of these please point it out to me.

And also, what is the difference between the Quintet and the Quintet II?

Thanks for anyhelp!

----------------

The quintets are very impresive, klipsch is awsome, im in love. Just be sure to place you're quintet's close to the wall behind them. In my opinion the satalite's should be 2 inches from the wall behind them and as klipsch suggest 2-3 feet from side walls'. This will give the quintets a flat responce down two 100hz !!

The difrence between the quintet 1 and 2 is from what I know the quintet II has a high pass x-over at about 80hz to protect the 3.5 mid from blowing. And the wall mount is upgraded.