Klipsch Centre Channel

fuzman

• 2 weeks later...

Fuzman, I had the same delima, however, I had a KV-1 center

channel that I placed in the rear and bought a RC-3II

for the front center channel. The KV-1,2 or 3 would be your

best bet in my opinion. If you cannot find a used one I would

suggest you get the RC-3II. Good Luck

I used to use a set of KG4s that I have had since 1985 or 86 for music and video. I bought an Academy in the early 90s and it worked. I had a Denon Dolby Pro Logic receiver (forgot the model number) that had 110x3 in the front, and 35x2 for the back if I remember correctly.

I just picked up a Denon 3803 and a set of RF7 and a RC7, and I cannot begin to explain how absolutley AWESOME they work together, both music and video.

Example: I bought the new Terminator 2 DVD, and along with my older Def Tech 250 watt sub, it sounds FANTASTIC! My friends and relatives are awestruck! I also recently bought John Mellencamp CD. Its a lot like Eric Claptons' from the craddle CD, older blues/folk type songs. Even that sounds like he is right there playing in your room.

I am using a set of Boston Accoustic in walls right now for my back surrounds, and they sound pretty good. But when the basement gets finished (in a couple months), I will hook up the RS7s. OOOOOOOOO I get goosebumps just thinking about it!9.gif

Hello everyone i am new to the forum but have been a klipsch owner since the early 80`s just a pair of heresy`s that i bought new back then. any way i am looking at adding a center channel and was wondering what would match these the best. any good suggestions? thanks Bill

Welcome to the forum. Another heresy (or any other heritage full size speaker) would be perfect. Unfortunately, the academy is the matching center for the heritage series and was only built for a couple years in the early 90s. After 4 months of searching, I finally have one on its way. They are very hard to find. Many use a full size speaker for the center which really helps, especially if you listen to 5.1 music. Lots on the forum about timber matching if you do a couple searches. Good luck.

Welcome to the forum Billie. I personally have no experience using KT-LCR speakers with the Heresy's. Maybe someone here does and will comment. Someone here recently did say that they used a KT-LCR with a Heritage speaker, buy I forget which Heritage that person spoke of. You might start a new thread and pose this question.

If you are interested E-mail me and I can possibly help you get one or more KT-LCR's in walnut for a good price. Good luck to you.

Keith