wow cds are so much better then cd rs mp3s

moelarry

man i was playing a cd r which i burned on my computer it didnt sound good i played the real cd it sounded much better its such a difference! its unbelievable isnt that sign that your components are good that it will sound bad with poor quality cds?

MP3's downloaded from filesharing sites are typically of poor quality - what you're hearing is the difference between full bandwidth 16 bit 44.1K and a compressed then decompressed variation.

Personally, the only time I would ever listen to mp3s (other than as a staff reviewer at Artistlaunch.com, where I have no choice) is either in the car or on a portable. Noise floor and limitations of equipment in both these instances are going to render that difference inaudible.

----------------

On 6/23/2003 11:07:58 PM moelarry wrote:

i meant mp3s burned to cds not a copy.

----------------

Yea... its will be a big difference.

I posted in another thread that on smaller systems (like in my garage) I can't tell the difference. Part of it is because I never really listen hard, and that I am usually doing something else.

However... The Klipsch's tell all 1.gif

----------------

On 6/23/2003 11:26:16 PM cyclonecj wrote:

----------------

On 6/23/2003 11:07:58 PM moelarry wrote:

i meant mp3s burned to cds not a copy.

----------------

Yea... its will be a big difference.

I posted in another thread that on smaller systems (like in my garage) I can't tell the difference. Part of it is because I never really listen hard, and that I am usually doing something else.

However... The Klipsch's tell all
1.gif

----------------

Heh. Even my old Infinity RS-2's told that much 9.gif

I don't have golden ears and many high-end tweaks go unnoticed to me BUT MP3s ripped at 128, 160 and 192kbps are normally quite noticeable with their quality nowhere near that of a CD... even in my car. It is also understandable seeing that the music undergoes a 10X file size compression (for 128kbps)... it will usually be most obvious when the music contains a simultaneous wide dynamic range (ie: lots of highs and bass at the same time) ...

I use them extensively to "try before I buy"... but not as a substitute to a good CD. As a side note... I still fail to understand all the RIAA's fuss over MP3s... those who will download only are the same people who used to tape the top 40 off the radio... unless they are afraid that I'll only buy the CDs I like ? ... 2.gif

Rob

----------------

On 6/24/2003 12:08:50 AM formica wrote:

I use them extensively to "try before I buy"

----------------

I totally agree. I can't stand to listen to the radio. I have a 25 minute drive between work & home, & any radio station I try to listen to might play 2 whole songs during that time. The rest is all BS & commercials. Sorry, but I'm a music lover.

I listen to my DTV satellite music stations & when I hear something I like, I download everything I can find from the artist. If I like it, I buy it.

I just added 2 from Mindy Abair to my list. I will pick them up both this weekend.