Quesion for Kenrat and Dndphishin

Danartdis

Since JBL no longer sells the big bass bins, I wonder what I could get on ebay for this beast. I have a PE plate amp in a custom built enclosure (fair build quality) that would go with it. I am interested in decreasing the size and increasing the performance of my system in the low end. I know the JBL has extreme output at the expense of extension and my interest is quite piqued with this new SVS box. What do you think?

Dan

So you are looking for another sub? To go with that amp?

Build your own with an Eminence Delta-12LFA or two. I just did a design today using two 12LFAs. Stands 40"H x 16"W x 24"D. Not the smallest thing, but not as large as it could be... if you went with just one LFA, the size is a lot smaller. Use two 4"x4" flared ports for the dual woofer. The single woofer is more tricky... and BAM. There you have it. With 125WRMS (at 4-ohms) you are looking at listenign levels in excess of 120dB with dual woofers. 9.gif

(and why would I need this in my home when I already have a Klipsch sub and a sonosub on the way? Because I am crazy 2.gif )

EDIT: BTW I suggest the Delta-12LFA because of its price/performance ratio. For bass that doesn't get too low (though this thing will reach 100dB@20Hz) it is insanely loud, and cheap too. $80 a piece.

----------------

On 6/25/2003 4:23:36 PM Danartdis wrote:

Since JBL no longer sells the big bass bins...

----------------

Would you like a JBL bass bin? I could fix you up with one for a price... 2.gif Actually I think JBL put some more up for sale in their "tent sale". Unfortunately their page doesn't seem to load tonight... but it should be back online soon. I saw the following:

JBL 4638 (dual 15")

JBL CSS121 (horn loaded dual 10")

as usual they were inexpensive (200$ to 300$ ?) but you have to see what is included (box, drivers, etc)

later...

Rob

I think Danartdis is asking how much he could sell his bass bin for, and looking to aquire the new box sub from SVS.

I have been considering the same exact thing, Dan. However, I would have to get a pretty fair amount for my JBL , like double what I have invested, to justify the whole deal. Just too much bang for the proverbial buck with the JBLs.

Also, the JBL is shaking the sh!t out of my cheap Fox and Jacobs house, and I'm afraid of what may happen with the new SVS!!

Sorry... i read the question a little too fast.... 15.gif You should try posting it in a local classified, but if you want to sell on eBay, my guess would be that you can't really sell it for more than JBL themselves. As sad as it seems, it'll probably bring back more on eBay vampired out, simply because of it's size. I'd just keep it...

later...

Rob

"Just too much bang for the proverbial buck with the JBLs."

Yep. Too much bang for the buck to sell 'em. You will not likely get what they are worth right now, since there have been a glut of these - some bought 'em up hoping to turn 'em on ebay for a profit. Some are still trying to get rid of them.

Unless you can get decent money for them, I would keep them. Even if you go SVS, keep the JBL's.

Personally, I'm not looking to upgrade. I forgot about my sub troubles long ago - when I found these beasts at the tent sale. They are keepers.

You guys are all right. There is a tremendous bang for the buck here, and I am well aware of that. I guess I got caught up in the hype surrounding the new SVS. Also, I want a bigger TV and it has become a source of friction in the house. Apparently she thinks there are "too many big boxes" in the living room. I figure if I can shrink the sub and get better performance, then I can squeeze in a bigger TV without a major blowout occuring. I also realize that to get more performance in a smaller box will require significant cash. Thanks for the input.

Dan