Velodyne CHT-10 vs Klipsch KSW-10

MBM135

Looking at a sub in the under $300 range (used) to pair with my SB-2, SS-1, SC-1 set-up. Velodyne 10 incher gets awesome reviews--many say it beats the performance of Polk's, Infinity and JBL 12-inch models.

Anybody know how it would compare to Klipsch's KSW-10? Not looking for top-of-line, just a decent sub for the occasional movie.

Thanks!

Mike

MBM:

I don't have personal experience with the Klipsch, but my brother-in-law does. He's one of the stereo guru's on this forum. Prior to purchasing my velodyne I asked him a similar questions and he mentioned to me that his velodyne sub was much more efficient at moving air than his Klipsch Sub. Better low's.

If you can wait a little while, I'd wait and buy a Klipsch RW-10 or -12. In Indy, the RW-12 badly blew away the Velodyne CHT-12. The RW series is priced comparably with the similar Velodyne products. They have much less audible distortion because Klipsch uses a new driver analysis tool that lets them quickly determine a driver's weakness and redesign it to eliminate the problem. In the test, the RW-12 reproduced 20 Hz with a little port noise. The Velodyne produced only 2nd, 3rd and 4th harmonic distortion. Twenty Hertz was inaudible from the Velodyne.

hey john albright

isnt it better to compare the subs with the same price range?

point is, the rsw 12 is at the $1000 mark. and the velo cht 12 is like 399-499 i think. now i think there is a difference in that.

in power amp. the rsw 12 i think is running a 650 watt amp while the velo cht 12 is only 170. now there is again a difference with that. a couple of months ago i tested the cht 12 at CC. and it always clips in high loads.

i think go with the rsw series, but pls do check out other subs there like svs servo 15 and other brands