Got my soundcard

MD1032

I went to CC today and got a Turtle Beach Santa Cruz. I have to say it sounds a bit difference than my SBLive - it's very balanced and detailed in comparison to that old piece of crap. I'm actually hearing a tiny bit of detail I never heard before. I don't know what's wrong, I can't put my finger on it. I'm also not getting low bass like I did with my old SBLive. the only thing I can think of is that I have my card set up wrong. How the heck do I set this thing up? There's so many controls, dang it!

edit: on the bright side, there's a quality increase. It's very detailed compared to my old SBLive, which sounds muffled in comparison.

edit2: Also, I can't find any of those special features like QMSS.

----------------

On 6/29/2003 3:21:30 PM MD1032 wrote:

I went to CC today and got a Turtle Beach Santa Cruz. I have to say it sounds a bit difference than my SBLive - it's very balanced and detailed in comparison to that old piece of crap. I'm actually hearing a tiny bit of detail I never heard before. I don't know what's wrong, I can't put my finger on it. I'm also not getting low bass like I did with my old SBLive. the only thing I can think of is that I have my card set up wrong. How the heck do I set this thing up? There's so many controls, dang it!

edit: on the bright side, there's a quality increase. It's very detailed compared to my old SBLive, which sounds muffled in comparison.

edit2: Also, I can't find any of those special features like QMSS.

----------------

SBlive dosen't suck.

Well, been tweaking, but I've finally got this thing right. Man, is it worth it! What a sound!! I love this software, it's just great! 3D stereo surround sounds pretty darn good. My old SBLive DID suck, sorry dude. I had an SBLive 4.1 Value (OEM version) and it was the worst thing ever. The software was completely useless. That old card gave me nothing but problems. It was the pimple on my ***, and now I've finally got something worthy to fuel my PM4.1's. MIDI synthesizer impressed me, sounds pretty good!

I'm really sorry guys, but I have to do this. Don't read if you don't want to.

AAAHHHHH **** THIS ****ING COMPUTER THIS ****ING SOUND CARD I DUMP MY OLD PIECE OF **** IN AN ATTEMPT TO GET A NICE ONE AND NOW IT ****ING DIES ON ME!!!! AAAAHHHHHH!!!

I'm sorry to report my first problems. This is my post on TechIMO:

NOOOOOOOOO!!! My first problem already?!?! I closed the Santa Cruz console in my tray to run norton and some other things and now when I start it up the console is no longer in the tray and has been replaced by the windows XP volume controls (UGH). Now the sound doesn't work in half of my programs unless I physically turn on the console and leave it on from the start menu, which then uses resources. Also, I've notics now and before this thing disappeared that I'm having terrible fluctuations in volume. I'll adjust the volume up a tiny bit and it's blasting me, then I have to turn it all the way off for it to be reasonable, then it creeps down to nothing. It does this on its own while I'm listening to music or playing games. Great. I thought this was the beginning of a great friendship, but now it's BSed me (backstabbed for the non gamers, not bulls**t). NOOOOOO!!!!!

edit: also, ever since that thing dissappeared in my tray, my sound's been horrible. My bass is gone and it distorts frequently.

8.gif8.gif BTW, I have the latest drivers. It told me when I tried to update.

I realized that nowadays, people have become too fickle (me included).

I mean, it was just yesteryear when we were satisfied with the clicks and beeps of our DOS games - and look at us now... we fight over the smallest imperfections in sound. Oh M-audio is better than Audigy 2, oh creative labs sucks.... and so on. bah!!

had to rant there a bit, sorry.

md, get a new soundcard - and try to be more open than just slamming creative labs for an old, old, old card.

Holy s**t. I got the new drivers (I had the latest SOFTWARE, not drivers), and not only did it fix the problem, it fixed my sound! Hoyl crap! I swear, I got about a 20-30% gain in clarity and bass. The bass is so much cleaner, louder, and deeper now. I know, because I restored my settings and put on a song to test with my speakers, and I had to turn my sub down from its previous setting. It sounds awesome now! The same, if not BETTER then my old SBLive. The 3D audio is also a bit better, although it's not the best. Well, I'm happy. This card rocks again! BTW, I dumped my old card because I was tired of it. I was an SBLive 4.1 Value (OEM...came with my comp), and it sucked. It gave me so many problems and the hissing was so bad. The hiss is no more now, and this new card has WAY WAY WAY WAAAAY better software, and better jacks in the back. That versajack is the best! Every card should have it!

/me is happy again.

Audigy 2 is also an awesome sound card, but it cost 3 times as much as the Turtle Beach Santa Cruz. Having Advanced HD support for gaming, DvD audio support, and cleeaaarrr sound makes up the extra cash spent.