RE: Yesterday - 6/30/03

dodger

Hello:

I posted twice yesterday.

First thanks, with no disrespect to anyone else that answered, I want to thank Dean, then Craig from NOSVALVES.

I also extend thanks to others answering my post on defining EXCELLENT. Also to Justin for some other help.

On the Avatar post, if I seemed irritable, my apologies. The knee I had done 6/4 is as swollen as when I had the surgical bandages on it and feels just as good.

Additionally, 3/2 (or 3/12 depending on who you're talking to or if you're reading the factsheet/update for June 25th which was distributed June 23rd - Kreskin maybe) we had a "Gasoline Release." Living 800 - 1000 fet from the tank and pipe that "released" (spilled) I'm concerned - health, property value(less). Figures on the spill which none of knew anything about until June 6, 2003: 300, 400 gallons. Report to our Environmental Conservation: 1200 gallons revised to 1500, then 10,000, then 12,000, then 15,000, then 20,000, then 40,000 and yesterday I found out 50,000+ and counting.

So with the knee, the gas, contaminated groundwater (we have water piped from our County, so the groundwater isn't a drinking water), the contaminents and the effects on asthma, nuerological, liver, kidneys I was not a happy camper and I apologize to anyone I may have offended or been short with on the Avatar post.

Can't sell the house have to disclose the contamination, so I've averaged 2 or 3 meetings a day.....I'll stop whining, but thanks for the vent.

Win dodger

dodger,

Sorry to hear of your problems! Where do you live? Tell me you HAVE seen a doctor about the possible poisoning, and have talked to a reputable attorney (we have at least one attorney on the BB--Gil--maybe he'll chime in)? I mention this, as you want to be able to have your medical care related to the gas spill covered. Don't worry about possibly coming across as cranky: Happens to the best of us.

fini

dodger

Whatever else you do find some way to get the hello away from that gas spill until they get it cleaned up to the point that it isn't detectable by smell. That is dangerous sh1t at the concentration you describe !

If you can smell it and/or taste it you are being poisoned. And yes you are right that stuff can play hell with your liver.

----------------

On 7/1/2003 9:03:47 AM fini wrote:

dodger,

Sorry to hear of your problems! Where do you live? Tell me you HAVE seen a doctor about the possible poisoning, and have talked to a reputable attorney (we have at least one attorney on the BB--Gil--maybe he'll chime in)? I mention this, as you want to be able to have your medical care related to the gas spill covered. Don't worry about possibly coming across as cranky: Happens to the best of us.

fini

----------------

Thanks,

I do appreciate your thoughts. I live in Rochester, NY.

Between the health issues and as we have a full disclosure law when selling, I am concerned.

Contamination HAS been found in the house directly across from me - basement, sump, exterior wells sunk by the company to check for concentration, type of chemical: mainly MTBE, some butyl alcohol, butyl ether. Also found in the houses to the left and right of the one mentioned, 8 all told + 6 in exterior. But as the groundwater is contaminated and I live in a 1926 built house with cracks in the basement floor (hairline) if we get a lot of rain, tht groundwater level rises, the sumps can back up and at that point we could get contaminated water in the basement.

Thanks Again,

Win