Z680 with a SWS sub

creed

well i have a Z680 now, i wish to know anyone here owned a Z680 and they add a SWS sub to this system.?.is this possible to do.?.coz i think if i add a sws sub to this system, it will improve the quality of the bass output...the z680 sub output is strong enough, but i wish to add a sws so that the bass output would be cleaner yet tighter...any opinions.?.

Actually man, i'm thinking about doing the exact same thing. However i have the klipsch 2v400's, and i don't know whether i should sell those for 150 and get a sws, or just hook them up with several y splitters. I'm thinking more along the lines of the SWS just for a lack of wires, but i'm not sure, it would kinda seem to be a waste. How are the highs and mids on the logi's, mine are currently being shipped to me.

well, being an ex PM4.1 user, i would say that from the experience using the PM, my new Z680 sounds suprisingly good, the mid and highs is really out of my expectation from just a full driver spec, in my opinions, the sound from the satellite of PM4.1 is quite harsh when turn loud, while i never have this problem with the new z680..but there's some problems too, i dislike how the logitech sub sounds...it's like not accurate and not tight compared to my ex PM4.1...that's why i am seeking solution to add a sws sub with the hope that it will sound better by then...regards

• 3 weeks later...

I believe its possible to connect a sws to the logitech system. You are not getting any amplified signal from behind the sws sub to the speakers, its just a signal loop. Think of it this way, if your speaker wires doesnt reach the back of your comp, you can buy wire extenders....think of the back of the sws this way....its just a passive medium.

Hope this helps.