Nice Fisher EL84/6BQ5 integrated

NOSValves

This is Fishers absolute best EL84/6BQ5 amp up fopr auction on Ebay ! If I already didn't have a gazillion amp here I would buy it ! Paul at 2baudio told me this is the Fisher integrated to own with horns ! It looks all original so will require a freshening by you or a tech.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3033671783&category=3280

Craig,

The recommendation that this is the Fisher integrated amp best suited for horns sounds really interesting. I'm wondering your take on how they would sound next to the 299's. Also, what kind ballpark or range of price would it take for you to get it back to spec. Of course, no one would hold you to a quote on an untested amp, just wondering best case to worst case best educated guess. Thanks.

Dee

I bet except for over all wattage that amp will absolutely hold its own with a 299 or any other EL-84 based amp. It has a great front end !! All triode and tube rectified. I bet $200 would take care of the rebuild !

Craig

Mike,

Sit down in a stiff backed chair, spread your legs apart, bend over till your head is lower then you knees. Take a deep breath....hold it, and slowly let it out. Then say outloud ...I don't need this piece of equipment.... do this three times...LOL.