Rotel 1090 Klipsch RF7 a good match??

Dylanl

----------------

On 7/11/2003 11:50:53 AM Dylanl wrote:

Has anyone run these 2 products together?? This amp puts out 380 watts for 2 channels? Would Rotel make these speakes sound warm or bright?

Thanks

----------------

Several people on here run Rotel with Klipsch and seem to like the sound it makes. 380W is far more power than you would ever need with a Klipsch speaker. I have no idea how it would sound, but someone else with a similar setup could tell you.

I had a chance to get a Rotel 1080 200watt for 675 but let it go because of indecision. I thought more power would give me more demension. Is there any other amp in the 1M range quality build 250 watt or more that I should consider?

Hello,

I've been running a Rotel 1095 with my Klipsch for over 6 months now... I would characterize the sound as being fairly neutral. The previous resondents are correct; the 1090, while performing adequately, produces more power than your speakers will require.

There are better, higher quality options that will make your RF7's sing, and the name I am going to suggest gets very little mention in the audio and home theater forums: McCormack. I sold my McCormack DNA-1 earlier this year to expand to a 5 channel amplifier for home theater, and I really miss the sound of the McCormack.

You can find a used DNA-1 (185 watts per channel), or even the DNA .5 (120 watts), for roughly half the original retail. I bought mine used for just over a grand ($2400 new). The Deluxe versions are more desirable, with higher quality binding posts and internal connections. The designer, Steve McCormack, promptly answered all my emails, and also spoke to me on the phone a couple of times, taking time to answer all my questions.

I don't want to sound like a pimp for this component line, but the sound of McCormack revitalized my interest in audio and music, and is one of the only components that nearly made my cry the first few times I heard it.

Like previously mentioned, the Rotel is a fine unit, and offers a good sound. But there are other units you can buy that will give you tremendous sound; Klipsch speakers LOVE high-quality amps; another unit that has been compared favorably with the McCormack is the Belles 150A Hot Rod; it's not a very sexy unit, but the sound is supposed to be superb.

Let me be more specific. I am running a Marantz 5 channel amp with 150 watts per channel Bi-amped to the RF7s. 1 Channel to the center speaker. According to a SPL chart I saw I think somewhere on the Klipsch site, to generate a SPL of 117 with a speaker sensitivity of 102 which RF7's have it should take 32 watts. I am clipping my amp at 107 on my SPL meter with a 150 watts. Q. is how could you ever clip an amp when the speakers are this sen.? Should the SPL readings be taken at the speaker (they would be much higher)? I have heard that the horns give Klipsh the high rating but truley the dual 10" woofers eat up power. I really need help because I am baffled. On monday I am contacting Klipsch & Marantz for their yhoughts.14.gif14.gif

Your question of Rotel products matching up with klipsch. I had the Rotel RMB-1075. I found it to be excessively bright on my sytem. I have Klipsch khorns, rc-7, rs-7. I know have Aragon. It was especially bright with h/t. Which is my main enjoyment. I was using the Rotel with a Denon Receiver. I tried different ways of toning it down, but to no avail. The amp itself was a work horse. Just didn't match up well in my system.

Cultrain