Academy In The House

garymd

My oiled oak academy got it's first audition today. I'm extremely impressed. I actually went out and bought my first music DVD to test the academy (Steely Dan - Two Against Nature). Nice looking chairs on my tv screen. Sounded great! Best audio I've ever heard coming out of that sony. Then of course Lord of the Rings and T2. My wife even likes it. She wasn't thrilled with the beat up heresy so we've been using the RC3II. Much better detail, better bass and of course that all important timber match to the cornwalls. Since I've already thanked everyone involved I guess I'll change my signature now.1.gif

I do that but when she comes home she always seems to notice there's something new in the family room. She's not always happy about that! She wasn't upset at all with the academy though. Especially since I got it for $150 at a used audio store!2.gif

Yeah I have a 5 YO daughter who notices any difference around the house and invariably rats me out with audio upgrades. Enjoy the academy! I remember you inquiring about the tuner/pre and the C-20 around the 4th.

Congrats, Gary! My 2-month experience with my Academy has proved it to be all I had read and hoped about: the soundstage with my Fortes is nearly seamless, and I no longer even notice or think about the speakers while viewing movies. That is a big feat, and the whole purpose behind getting your center and mains timbre-matched.

Enjoy!

(If anyone would like to view my own Academy, check out the pics on my extremely lame web page by clicking on the appropriate link below...)

Gary-

Congrats on getting to the audition. We, the Academy of Academy owners, knew you would enjoy it. Now you will have to be careful when you try the Belle there in the center sometime later. I'll have to try that "$150 at a used audio store" line at some point. Hmm, maybe for some Mac gear??? 9.gif

----------------

On 7/12/2003 7:28:57 PM jhawk92 wrote:

Gary-

Congrats on getting to the audition. We, the Academy of Academy owners, knew you would enjoy it. Now you will have to be careful when you try the Belle there in the center sometime later. I'll have to try that "$150 at a used audio store" line at some point. Hmm, maybe for some Mac gear???
9.gif

----------------

Works like a charm Rob.2.gif1.gif3.gif4.gif6.gif11.gif9.gif

Recently, I was impressed while watching the SciFi channel during one of those intense scifi moments where I could hear the actors BREATHING. And it sounded NATURAL. Now THAT'S a good center channel! Mine is flanked by Quartets. Congratulations. I hope you have matching Classics. I never heard seamless front panning until I got my Academy.